Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ronnyeicher

First post here and a pic of my first coral. Candy cane, sitting about 20 inches below my ai prime in a 10gal nano. Placement ok? And what's that protruding from the center? Feeding tube? Newbie at this.

Sorry for the bad photo. Still trying to figure out what works best using my Samsung S7 Edge

Thanks!!

25487505_10156936670528012_6593862345184926160_o.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to Nano-Reef.com.

That's a little strange.  It has feeding tentacles, so that's not a typical feeding response that I've seen.  It's just very inflated for some reason.  I don't think it's necessarily bad or good.  Nice looking candy cane.  Very appropriate for this time of year.

k11049486.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Christopher Marks

Wow 17 years away! That's exactly how long as this community has been online! Everyone is pretty spoiled these days by comparison. LEDs, programmable pumps, remote controlled everything, digital testing, hell even digital cameras! :lol: 

Your candy cane coral looks pretty content there, the feeder tentacles are a good sign of that. Great shot from your iPad! Color balance is the hardest part with the predominantly blue lighting, it tends to overwhelm a lot of cameras. That app makes pretty easy work of correcting it!

• Like 1

welcome to the forum. 

I have never had much luck with candy canes until I put them on my sand bed. so Id say you have good placement there.

Good luck and welcome back to the hobby

• Like 1
21 hours ago, chelltom said:

What are your lights set at ?

I'm using Mike Hai's custom blues with cloud spikes plus lunar mode.

AI Prime/Hydra Reef Group on Facebook

• Like 1