Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Arkansas Nuvo 10 build

dcknipe

dzRdhCx.jpgWell I know I'm late to the party but I've been obsessed with Saltwater tanks since I was a kid. 

Now that I'm a big kid,  figured I'd start one. 

So being a nano reef creeper after I started purchasing my equipment I know noticed I have the exact equipment list Surveyman has mind the heater. 

Big thanks to Surveyman, I've been blowing him up with my noobroom questions on Instagram. 

Equipment:

Nuvo fusion 10

Kessil a80

Neotherm 50w

Spinstream 

Sicce .5 pump

Bahama oolite 

4lbs AquaMaxx Dry rock

The remainder is LR fromm my LFS 

Tunze nano ATO

Reliance water 5gals for WC and Rodi. 

My LFS is reef dedicated and the owner is a marine biologist so I feel confident buying my saltwater and rodi water from him.  He also sells it for 1.50 gal and saves me a lot of hassle. He has also offered to help me closely troubleshoot any issues that may arise. 

I plan on doing a 10% to 20% every week. 

For the rockscape I purposely put flat pieces at the base to give me more rooms for corals. They are also the LR to seed the tank. I plan on letting go it cycle for a month before I plan on adding livestock. I also put one small piece in the corner for GSP. 

Stocking to come: 1 Clownfish, 1 Tailspot Blenny, 1 something else? Any ideas? 1 anemone 

Coral wise: Frogspawns, Torches, Zoas, GSP

Anything else that haves alot of movement in the tank. 

So far I've had it cycling for 5 days.  I get the remainder of my equipment this coming Tuesday so I'm pretty excited for that.  This is my first reef tank and I kinda wish I would of went with the Nuvo 20 but I'm happy with the 10 for my bedroom and if I can actually make it succeed then I'll be able to start a 20 as well and feel confident. 

So after realizing that my Bahama oolite is to fine I decide today to drain my tank and put in some indo-pacific substrate. 

I love it compared to what I had. So now that my cycle is likely extended another week it gives me more time to deal with all this Christmas shopping. 

Oh and I got my kessil a80 in today. 

When it clears up I'll take a pic. 

On 12/18/2017 at 8:01 AM, morecoffee said:

Thanks.  I'll have to check them out if I am out that way.

I checked out their picture album to see their corals.  Couldn't see anything that listed prices though.  :-(  

So I got all my equipment in today minus my tunze ato and scraper. 

Debating on adding a hydor nano for extra flow.... I hope the sicce .5 and spin stream is enough. 

I also added a pinch of rods food since I stopped my cycle to change my sand. 

XElzGKa.jpg

• Like 1

So I've got all my equipment now. Everything is rocking and rolling. 

My cycle is finally showing ammonia going down and nitrite going up so hopefully it will start kicking ass soon. 

I raised my temp to 82 as well to promote bacteria and started my light cycle. I'm about 13 days in as of now. 

My ph is 7.8-8.0 right now but I'm sure when I start doing water changes that should correct itself.  Now that my Tunze is installed im maintainig a constant 1.026 salinity. 

Oh and I broke down and added a hydor nano for alittle extra flow. 

I've settled on on my livestock....darwin clown if I can get one, orchid dottyback, and a tailspot blenny. 

AND MY WIFE HATES MY REEF CORNER.  haha she hates clutter 15140843777191352883828.thumb.jpg.ef6e2aa0bdc68a0dd4044a5c960aaf67.jpg

15140844945962046500162.jpg

Well Sunday was the magic day. No traceable ammonia or nitrites.  Nitrates are between 10-20. 

Did my first water change 2 gallons. Plopped in my chemi pure blue and purigen. 

Going to the Lfs tomorrow for a small clean up crew and possible fish. I may just add the CUC and wait a week for this fish. 

Well so I went to the Lfs and got a CUC. They are ordering me a tailspot blenny which I will have next week. Buttttt they had this beautiful hammer for $45 and I had to scoop him up. 

Snapchat-54715887.jpg

They had a giant frogspawn last week for 45 but he was gone already.  He was a gold /green color. I'll wait a few more weeks and have them order me a torch. Pretty stoked. 

Btw I made a new mistake a few days ago and didn't rinse my chemi pure which clouded my tank for half a day. 

All my Params are perfect so let hope this guy does good. Running my kessil on 50/50 on color and intensity 

So everything is still chugging alot and everything is perfect at the moment. 

If anyone is wondering why I have a clown and a Condy right now......  well........ To make a long story short someone gifted it to me and I couldn't return it. 

So after freaking out I contacted my lfs and plan on trading him in for a frag. 

15145939482832009827541.jpg