Innovative Marine Aquariums

Counter-Top NANO REEF Build - New Update 8/23/2019

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs
19 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Those will be a fun addition to the pico, I love floating rocks in aquascapes!

Thanks Chris! Just being a little more creative with this one on the scaping. While it's usually very temped to fill up the tank completely, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. My goal is to simplify the reef scape and maximizing the negative space to making the tank look bigger than it is. I think a crucial part of a successful nano/pico reef system is keeping it simple and avoid overstocking of corals and fishes, which is what most people tend to do as it is very temped and addicted to do so. But...there is always a but...it's easier said than done so I'm hoping I'm not going to fall into my own pit, will see how it goes once I changed out the scape.

• 2 weeks later...
Oceanbox Designs

Our counter top Nano-Reef - Day 32.

Huge Update - New reef scape, few corals addition, Black ice clowns settling in well and happy. I’m very happy with the scaping! People throw in a pile of rocks stacked up and call it a day but I’ve taken nearly a month just to work on the custom rocks and meticulously scaping it! To me reefing is all about aesthetic inside out and shaping the scape is a critical foundation of a beautiful reef tank.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
Oceanbox Designs

Our counter top Nano-Reef Day 40. The big reveal!! Our final reef scape - Patented random flow - No extra power head - Aesthetic and Innovative.

It’s just the beginning...of possibilities!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Oceanbox Designs

What's better than sipping coffee and taking reef tank pics in the morning? 

Sunrise shot from our counter top Reef - Day 49

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Do tell us more about the patented randomized flow....  :happy:

I'm specifically looking for one to fit my beautiful POB Sump you built me!

On 1/26/2018 at 9:56 AM, Oceanbox Designs said:

Our counter top PiCO-Reef Day 40. The big reveal!! Our final reef scape - Patented random flow - No extra power head - Aesthetic and Innovative.

It’s just the beginning...of possibilities!

• Like 1

Following!  I was looking at your 4.3 for a desktop office setup, but maybe I wait to see where this goes?  Looking gorgeous, OBD!

Any info on release date/price?

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs

Love at 2nd sight! ? (see previous post for 1st sight ? )

A new day in our small piece of the ocean! •Counter-Top Reef•Day 58•

• Like 2
Oceanbox Designs
1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

Can you help me out @Oceanbox Designs.  Can you clarify what size this tank is? I know this tank was upgraded from a 2G,   I see you're selling a 4.3G and a 10G, with a a 6.8 later this month,  Is this one the 6.8?

Hi @TatorTaco, Thanks for the interest! This is our pre-launch debut build for a brand new Nano AIO aquarium system in the work. We're keeping specifics on the down low until launch announcement. For now, I can say is that our system is very unique, it doesn't need any additional wave pump yet producing random wave-like flow, very quiet operation, optional LED light (support full reef), lots of unique feature that you won't find in any current AIO Nanos on the market including future add-ons and filtration upgrades.

Oceanbox Designs
On 2/7/2018 at 1:21 PM, Brian1313 said:

That last pic is awesome!  I am looking to set up a pico reef on my desk at work and this just looks amazing!  Jelaous

Thanks @Brian1313! This may be a little too big for a desktop setup (unless it's a big desk?) but our 6.8G AIO pico would be the next perfect option. I've got an awesome video coming out for the 6.8G setup on an office desk. Stay tuned!

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs
On 2/8/2018 at 11:06 AM, JcSH2o said:

Do tell us more about the patented randomized flow....  :happy:

I'm specifically looking for one to fit my beautiful POB Sump you built me!

That is a secret for now but I can say that it wouldn't work with the POB sump, it's specifically designed for an AIO return of a Nano tank.

Oceanbox Designs
On 2/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, Brian1313 said:

Raindog I was thinking the same thing.  i want that 2 gal pico. 

That 2.1G pico is avail including the custom overflow/cover that is designed for an Aquaclear 20 filter. It's actually a low-iron glass tank. If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me.

Oceanbox Designs
On 2/8/2018 at 12:10 PM, Raindog3030 said:

Following!  I was looking at your 4.3 for a desktop office setup, but maybe I wait to see where this goes?  Looking gorgeous, OBD!

Any info on release date/price?

Thanks @Raindog3030! Personally I wouldn't suggest the 4.3G because it's a frag tank, a frag tank generally don't have bracing because it's typically used for show for easy transport and setup. When you're looking for an "acrylic" display tank, you'd want a system with the proper top bracing to keep it from bowing out, any high quality acrylic aquarium system that's sold as a "display" system should be braced. That said, our 6.8G would be the perfect option for a display desktop setup.

• Thanks 1

So on a scale from..... 1 gallon to 25 gallons.....where would you rate this new tank that you're keeping your lips sealed on? 

Come on P!  I'm really trying here.  lol.  

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

That is a secret for now but I can say that it wouldn't work with the POB sump, it's specifically designed for an AIO return of a Nano tank.

Awe man you're breaking my heart here!  Honestly though I figured there would be a flow rate issue, as any randomizers I've found require substantial flow. 

Knowing first hand the level of quality and attention that goes into your products, I expect your newest creation to be nothing short of amazing! Looking forward to it!

Also, I had a dream the other day of an @Oceanbox Designs AIO Drop Off system.... Hahaha :naughtydance:

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs
1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

So on a scale from..... 1 gallon to 25 gallons.....where would you rate this new tank that you're keeping your lips sealed on? 

Come on P!  I'm really trying here.  lol.  

It's an even number :P

In time I promise!

1 hour ago, JcSH2o said:

Awe man you're breaking my heart here!  Honestly though I figured there would be a flow rate issue, as any randomizers I've found require substantial flow. 

Knowing first hand the level of quality and attention that goes into your products, I expect your newest creation to be nothing short of amazing! Looking forward to it!

Also, I had a dream the other day of an @Oceanbox Designs AIO Drop Off system.... Hahaha :naughtydance:

Happy V-day!! lol :lol:. I really appreciate the input and yes you're partly correct on the flow rate, because the design of the POB sump utilizing gravity flow into the tank, there is no way to increase flow and flow pressure without overflowing the sump. 

On the other hand, I've never liked the drop-off design because it's blocking a major amount of flow down on the bottom part. Costs and time of a drop-off production will surely be more complicated and may take twice as much which equate to pricing it higher.  I just couldn't see a good reason when I could achieve a similar drop-off effect just by creative scaping.

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

For now, I can say is that our system is very unique, it doesn't need any additional wave pump yet producing random wave-like flow, very quiet operation, optional LED light (support full reef), lots of unique feature that you won't find in any current AIO Nanos on the market including future add-ons and filtration upgrades.

This makes me think of XAqua INOUT returns. Will it be something like that built into the AIO? 

Oceanbox Designs
5 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

This makes me think of XAqua INOUT returns. Will it be something like that built into the AIO? 

Not at all, our system looks just like a typical AIO tank except for a few innovative features to making Nano reefing a breeze. Our goal is to create a high end nano reef system that doesn't end up with you (the reefer) having to upgrading most of everything such as LED light, flow nozzle, return pump, media basket, ect. which will end up costing you a lot more than what you thought you could swing with a typical stock system. We may make a few bell and whistle as optional since you may want to go with other option of your own such as LED light, heater, etc. but what we'll put together have been tested and will be a perfect combo for the system we sell.

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs

I get asked a lot: How do I temp acclimate corals if I have a small tank with no sump and no where to float all of these bags at once? With just a bucket, tap water, heater, match temp to your tank, and start floating. Didn't think of that one did ya? ??

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions