Pod Your Reef

Counter-Top NANO REEF Build - New Update 8/23/2019

Oceanbox Designs

Oceanbox Designs

New build in progress from last night! Our 2g counter top reef is getting a tank-lift! Sleek and clean is a must due to the small spacing and we wanted this to be an easy to maintain Nano system. New updates will be added to the thread below so make sure you always check the latest post for updates or you can also follow our instagram @OceanboxDesigns

Our New Counter Top tank!

25230194228_5f9922fc2d_b.jpg

This 2G tank is going down!

39096385181_45e6c1ff72_b.jpg

and down it was!

25230194498_371352249a_b.jpg

New tank is up and clearing up...Best thing was I didn't have to cycle this tank since everything was transferred from the 2g.

39065763402_0150bea1fe_b.jpg

Now comes the fun part! Scaping and stocking! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Oceanbox Designs said:

:unsure:??

I only know "OBD" in the context of "OBD reader", On-Board Diagnostics. For the 4 wheeled gas moving machines. 

Oceanbox Designs
On 12/16/2017 at 11:20 PM, Droy008 said:

Soo, you've got an old 2g tank for sale? ;)

Possibly :)

15 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

What light are you using?

It's a Zetlight

14 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

It's a nice feeling when replacing a tank someone else built with a tank you built! Looks great @Oceanbox Designs!

Thanks @Christopher Marks You've read my mind exactly! I'm quite happy to get this tank up and it was quick for me since I already have one built and all the equipment from the old tank. It's going to be an awesome pico build!

• Thanks 1
Oceanbox Designs
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I only know "OBD" in the context of "OBD reader", On-Board Diagnostics. For the 4 wheeled gas moving machines. 

It was a clickbate! :lol: JK but honestly I had no idea but then a lot of the same abbreviation could means a lot of other things as well, just depends on context.

Oceanbox Designs

2nd day of our new Counter Top Reef!

✔️ Crystal HD clarity.

✔️ All sides cleaned (thanks to our new magnet scrubber).

✔️ EXCITED for new stocking!!:happy::D

How would you stock this tank (CUC, corals, fishes)??

Oh yeah don't mind the pile of rocks, that will be for another day!

38230662165_6650ffb575_b.jpg

• Like 2
Oceanbox Designs
20 minutes ago, Biglex said:

That tank looks so nice may just have to get one ?

Thanks man! I'm shooting for an absolute minimalist on this one. Actually this is not the same tank we shown at Brew Fest. I will be making an announcement soon once we've got all the details down.

Oceanbox Designs

Testing out my newly designed magnetic scrubber for acrylic! Right side cleaned, left side still dirty with some organic film. So far so good!

25230194358_82e304d2f1_b.jpg

• Like 1
Oceanbox Designs
19 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

I've never had an acrylic tank, but I saw this on Facebook and I'm waiting to see how this turns out.  Sure looks snazzy. 

Thanks! It does have a sleek and clean profile which I'm extremely OCD with on all of my products. 

Oceanbox Designs
20 hours ago, Biglex said:

I’m liking this build! 

Thanks man! Coming along great so far! 

Here is a small update! Can't wait to put my rockwork together.

Oceanbox Designs

Day 12 of our Nano Reef! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! My pair of Black Ice Snowflakes from my fiance are amazing!!! What reef related gift did you get for Christmas?

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions