Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

7 minutes ago, paul200299 said:

Hello I was wondering any opinions on the Biota Aquarium. The biota aquarium is a saltwater kit that includes fish and optional coral. If anyone of you guys have one can you please tell me how you like it pros/cons of each plz? Thank you

https://biotaaquariums.com/ 

Their pricing seems like a bit of a stretch seeing how you can purchase the Fluval EVO 13.5g for $150 on Amazon.

With a bit of research, I'm sure you could obtain all of those items in the "deluxe upgrade" for much less than that, with more say as to what you would receive.

Just my opinion, could be a great option for those looking to save time.

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy anything but fish from Biota and that's through wholesalers and dealers. There site is a bit sketch, IMO. I agree you can save a lot more by just doing some searching. When in doubt, BRS for that 5% cash back. Bundles are never really a good deal.

I got my current project tank new off ebay from a warehouse estate liquidation. Got a $300 JBJ 30g Rimless for $150. There was probably $50 of tape and foam alone. :lol: 

29 minutes ago, AshCom said:

I wouldn't buy anything but fish from Biota and that's through wholesalers and dealers. There site is a bit sketch, IMO. I agree you can save a lot more by just doing some searching. When in doubt, BRS for that 5% cash back. Bundles are never really a good deal.

I got my current project tank new off ebay from a warehouse estate liquidation. Got a $300 JBJ 30g Rimless for $150. There was probably $50 of tape and foam alone. :lol: 

So my best bet is to go get all the equipment myself? 

3 minutes ago, paul200299 said:

So my best bet is to go get all the equipment myself? 

Give me a list of what you"re looking for and I'll contact some wholesalers to see how cheap it can be bought. I can give you an estimate and the best places to find it. I'll probably have it done around noon tomorrow.

Tank, heater, lighting, skimmer, etc. Or at least give me a gallon size for me to work off of and I can see what I can find.

2 minutes ago, AshCom said:

Give me a list of what you"re looking for and I'll contact some wholesalers to see how cheap it can be bought. I can give you an estimate and the best places to find it. I'll probably have it done around noon tomorrow.

Tank, heater, lighting, skimmer, etc. Or at least give me a gallon size for me to work off of and I can see what I can find.

I guess im looking into either the Biocube 32, Nuvo 20 or Nuvo 30. I have know idea of what heater, skimmer, etc. That im looking for. Thank you for your time! 

19 minutes ago, paul200299 said:

I guess im looking into either the Biocube 32, Nuvo 20 or Nuvo 30. I have know idea of what heater, skimmer, etc. That im looking for. Thank you for your time! 

What kind of coral are you planning in particular or do you want to be able to have really anything? Budget?

6 hours ago, AshCom said:

What kind of coral are you planning in particular or do you want to be able to have really anything? Budget?

The only "must have" coral i guess would be xenia, and similar looking corals. My budget would be 500-1000 but that is just for start up costs

34 minutes ago, paul200299 said:

The only "must have" coral i guess would be xenia, and similar looking corals. My budget would be 500-1000 but that is just for start up costs

Alright, I'll have something for you around noon today.

at first I was interested in them but I later came to realize they are just repackaging already established and known products in a "kit" so to speak.  Too expensive when IMO you get nothing new or innovative.