Top Shelf Aquatics

IM Nuvo 10 + Kessil A80 light intensity ?

M4rtin

Newbie here with a cycled tank here and about to get some corals.

This is a qt/frag only tank for lps and soft corals, won't be getting any sps.

I have some ordered acans, plate, euphylias, and ricordea frags.

Wondering how to acclimate them to the light, I'm grabbing spectral controller so I can program acclimation.

And what intensity to keep corals at, not shooting for crazy growth here, just healthy corals.

Tank is 11''x11''x11'' and light is 8'' over water.

MainelyReefer

I only grow Xenia in my 4g that is illuminated by kessil a80 so not much help with a mixed Reef/frag tank, but I get the best results at 100% intensity.  I use the spectral controller and have it start blue, turn mixed and return to blue.  I believe I had it acclimate to the intensity by ramping up initially but that was a year ago now. My light is 4" off the water 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:20 PM, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Mine is at 100%, but took about a month to get it there.  Took it slow.  My corals seem to really like it.  

How long do you run at 100% now and what color? Love your tank. Almost identical setup going!

Raindog3030

I run my A80 at 100% intensity and about 20-30% color over a 7g cube.  Been running for 2+ months like that and I see some pretty good growth!