Coral Vue Hydros

What is the best glue/epoxy to stick my corals onto my rock?

CinnamonTorch

CinnamonTorch

Hey guys, can you give me your inputs as to what glue or coral epoxy you guys use to stick your coral to the live rock?

i need something that will stick very well but at the same time something that will be able to be removed incase i decide to rescape my setup!

thanks again guys

I always use super glue gel. As long as it is cyanocrylate based it is reef safe. That always works for small frags. For larger coral or live rock to live rock I use JB water weld.

I have had success with Bulk reef supply super thick glue gel. Loctite control gel and Gorilla glue gel.

as sully said check for cyanoacrylate and you are pretty much good to go.

a little tip:

place the glue on your frag plug/coral and let it sit outside the tank 30 seconds to a minute maybe longer... gotta to keep an eye on it this will help the glue set up a little and will decrease how long you need to hold it in place in the tank.

• Like 1

I'm with the above suggestions... it will glue well and if it works as it is supposed to you won't get it off without the use of a chisel! Your frags should start to grow and cover the plugs in time and start to look natural. I chop pieces of my frag plugs off before I glue them without disturbing the live bits. I find the glue adheres better on fresh surfaces (both sides) if that makes sense. I try and put enough glue to get into the porous live rock I am glueing the frag to and hold it for a minute or so. It sucks bumping a frag weeks after its mounted and trying to reglue it.