Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bubble tip anemone and Hammer coral

SaltySquid

So I'm really new to this hobby, but have been fairly successful so far (fingers crossed).  I do have a possible problem.  As you can see my Anemone has decided to migrate to a very awkward spot.  During the day he'll come out a spreads out across rubbing against one of my lobos and zoas, but more importantly my Hammer.  Is this something I need to be concerned with?  Is there anyway to know if there is an issue prior to something going really wrong?

20171208_131232.jpg

The anemone is going to move itself where it wants to be. In my opinion if it looks settled I would consider moving the other corals a safe distance away because the Anemone is only going to get bigger as is the hammer. The anemone typically will win the stinging battle with a Hammer and the hammer will die. However, either way hammer and anemone stinging each other isn't going to work out long term one is going to die and one will end up weak from the battle.

Good luck

I appreciate the advice.  I ended up adjusting that rock to give them both more space.  The anemone was defintly injuring the hammer, 2 polyps died.  Luckily I caught it early enough and they are both doing great again.