inTank Media Baskets

Two part dilution, anybody doing this?

flatlandreefer

flatlandreefer

Does anybody dilute their two part mix more than specified when mixing it up, I'm using BRS two part.  I am using BRS dosers and I find it somewhat hard to get my dosing dialed in to keep my dkh spot on without a slow drift either trending up or down while only being able to run my dosers in minute increments with the timers I have.  I am thinking about either cutting all of the ingredients in half, except for water, when I mix my calcium and alkalinity solution or doubling the water(not really practical without getting a bigger container).  This should allow me to run my dosing pumps 1 min longer or 1 min less which would equal 30 seconds of run time with a full strength mix. 

That's not a bad strategy. You might try dosing manually for a few days to make sure you're getting the right concentrations you want. It sounds like your evaporation is out pacing your 2 part demands, and you might find a better balance at 50%, or 30% of the recommended dosage in your 2 part formula. Test Test Test Test Test. :)