Coral Vue Hydros

Muffin's 2.5 Pico

Muffin

Here is the start of my new build.IMG_20171208_165452.thumb.jpg.e320f036dba0b8d6b3dc54d023760b63.jpg

Equipment list:

- Aquamaxx 2.5 gallon

- Finnex HOB refugium (not being used as a refugium)

- Rio 50

- Tetra 50 watt heater

- Kessil a80

- Pukani and reef saver rock ( there is a lot in the HOB refugium )

To be added:

An auto top-off, thinking the smart micro ato but I'm open to suggestions.

Stocking:

I'm planning on stocking with my "high-end" mushrooms that I currently have in my Nuvo 20, but I still haven't made up my mind yet.

I'll try to keep this thread updated regularly.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Cute little set up. So your thinking a grow out tank to keep the nuvo from over crowding? 

Uhh probably not a grow out tank, most likely a more focused tank. My Nuvo is an extremely mixed tank that I want to start to focus mainly sps.

17 hours ago, Biglex said:

Looks good! 

Thanks!

16 hours ago, TheRope said:

I love the mushroom idea, ive been wanting to make a mushroom only reef jar, for... well... since i made my first jar hahah

Yeah I figured this would be a good way to showcase my jb, og bounce and a few other bounces I have. It's an addiction... Now I want to set up more picos... They are so fun.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I like it, I have used it before as a refugium and it served it's purpose. The actual quality isn't too bad, it's all plastic though, acrylic would be much nicer. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Nice tank!  And I like the shroom theme!

I just went to a frag swap selling tiny frags of those for pretty crazy prices...  Hoping that before too long they become common enough I can get one cheaper - they're pretty awesome. 

Just like everything else.  Prices will drop. I remember when plain ole green palys where $8-10 a head. 

Now on I have multiple frags I can't even give away

46 minutes ago, Cintax said:

Love those mini dart fish!

Yeah I saw them, and thought they would be perfect for the tank. So far I'm feeding them brine nauplii and going to try to get them on some frozen or types of food

3 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Nice pics!

Thanks!

• Like 1