SaltCritters.com

Do I need a 2nd light?

oba97

I have had a current USA orbit marine led light on my standard 10gal tank for about a year. I have been able to keep frogspawn, zoa's, mushrooms and GSP but the have not grown a whole lot. My water peramiters are good so I'm thinking I might need to add a second light? Does anyone have any experience with a single orbit marine unit growing corals? I was thinking I could add the pro version as my second unit if needed. 

Thoughts/suggestions?

There's two models of orbit light that'd fit over a 24" tank. I'm going to assume you own model 4001 (18 watt). You could replace the fixture for a more powerful one, or consider adding a few LED Strip lights to the top. Current USA makes strips too. Provided your light is good, your water parameters are good and you're feeding the corals, there's no reason you won't see some growth.

Geez, there's so many out there. Kessil makes some nice nano lights, such as the Tuna Blue A80 and the 160. Radion XR15W, a PAR 38 driven light fixture, etc.

Yes 1 Ai Prime will work up to 24". 

Had one on my 15g Which was 24" long and I have the Prime over my 25g lagoon which is 24" long.

My tank is full of lps and sps