Innovative Marine Aquariums

BlueFish time setting help

T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E

T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E

I just recently installed the Retro Plus M on my Biocube 32.  I am trying to figure out how I can use the location weather  but delay the sunrise time until I get home from work.  As of right now I am getting home to my tank dark and the moonlights about to come on.  Any tricks I can do to make the sunrise start at about 3:00pm?

T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E
1 hour ago, OPtasia said:

You might have to do some adjustments on the controller. Do the instructions explain how to program the on/off cycle of the different light channels? 

It actually didn't come with instructions but links to setup videos.  Which were very informative.  The app allows the lighting to mimic any selected regions weather conditions in real time.  I just hoped someone knew a trick to have it start when I wanted it too.  Possibly alter my time zone to get the sunrise time around 3pm.

T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E
21 minutes ago, N2B8 said:

Go to the settings and lighting. Then you can change the morning midday and evening settings. 

I was hoping to allow it to run off the location data selected.  When I was researching the purchase of this light I thought I came across a post in these forums mentioning a way around the start time.  Hopefully someone can chime in... otherwise I'll be doing exactly what you mentioned.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E said:

I was hoping to allow it to run off the location data selected.  When I was researching the purchase of this light I thought I came across a post in these forums mentioning a way around the start time.  Hopefully someone can chime in... otherwise I'll be doing exactly what you mentioned.  Thanks.

Sure thing. I can think of one possibility. If it has a clock timer, just set the clock ahead or behind where you need it to fit your preferred time. Make the lights think it's a few hours ahead or behind as needed.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E said:

I just recently installed the Retro Plus M on my Biocube 32.  I am trying to figure out how I can use the location weather  but delay the sunrise time until I get home from work.  As of right now I am getting home to my tank dark and the moonlights about to come on.  Any tricks I can do to make the sunrise start at about 3:00pm?

To get this to work properly you will need to out the incorrect time in there to match yours. Go to the to right icon that looks like a gear, system and then "Set Time Zone".

Hope this helps! 

T-R-I-P-W-I-R-E
20 hours ago, DaveFason said:

To get this to work properly you will need to out the incorrect time in there to match yours. Go to the to right icon that looks like a gear, system and then "Set Time Zone".

Hope this helps! 

Dave,

Thanks I think I got it all setup now.  This light is absolutely amazing!  There is no comparison when it comes to the stock light of the Biocube 32.  I was thinking of upgrading my tank size to get better lighting but I think your lighting made me fall in love with my tank again!  BTW I'm that guy you referred me to InTank because you were out of stock.

• Like 1