inTank Media Baskets

Sharbuckles Low Boy Lagoon

Sharbuckle

Sharbuckle

Mangroves seem to be growing well. At least 80% of them anyway. Some new growth on a few of them. 

The added turtle grass also seems to be growing well.

I think I’ve decided to do a little more with the sump, so far its just a waste of space. I’m thinking adding some marine pure blocks or perhaps some of those really porous balls.

All coral and fish are happy.

All the zoanthids and palythoa I took from my 40g seem to really be taking off. The constant nudi attacks in the 40 really beat up my zoa collection. Happy to see them bounce back. Removed the remainder from my 40, dipped them and im currently quarantining them in the sump. 

Some quick pics.

002F44C5-8A00-4B1F-A7E5-F0BDC0CA699F.jpeg

44C62CBA-E65D-4FF2-B4E6-BEC3E4AD052E.jpeg

9CC3C98A-DBF1-4035-AC14-68CEA0B342AD.jpeg

0E63FE4D-3E82-47C8-BAB3-62EE47B826B5.jpeg

2559B0D9-B7CB-4323-84E6-5364513F72D0.jpeg

6E668521-C32E-4301-BF25-7080BEAF1193.jpeg

C3151FC1-3A5F-47CA-A009-96BFF45B535A.jpeg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Sharbuckle said:

Mangroves seem to be growing well. At least 80% of them anyway. Some new growth on a few of them. 

The added turtle grass also seems to be growing well.

I think I’ve decided to do a little more with the sump, so far its just a waste of space. I’m thinking adding some marine pure blocks or perhaps some of those really porous balls.

All coral and fish are happy.

All the zoanthids and palythoa I took from my 40g seem to really be taking off. The constant nudi attacks in the 40 really beat up my zoa collection. Happy to see them bounce back. Removed the remainder from my 40, dipped them and im currently quarantining them in the sump. 

Some quick pics.

002F44C5-8A00-4B1F-A7E5-F0BDC0CA699F.jpeg

44C62CBA-E65D-4FF2-B4E6-BEC3E4AD052E.jpeg

9CC3C98A-DBF1-4035-AC14-68CEA0B342AD.jpeg

0E63FE4D-3E82-47C8-BAB3-62EE47B826B5.jpeg

2559B0D9-B7CB-4323-84E6-5364513F72D0.jpeg

6E668521-C32E-4301-BF25-7080BEAF1193.jpeg

C3151FC1-3A5F-47CA-A009-96BFF45B535A.jpeg

This is looking really great.  What is the fish in the 2nd pic from the top, blue with yellow spots?

Sharbuckle
24 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

This is looking really great.  What is the fish in the 2nd pic from the top, blue with yellow spots?

Thanks! It is a blotched rabbitfish. 

• Like 1

Really beautiful tank, love the scape and everything.

One question, why having the return plumbing so high up ? I would think hiding the plumbing as much as possible might look better (like in the original scape where it's hidden by the rock)

8 hours ago, madtrax said:

Really beautiful tank, love the scape and everything.

One question, why having the return plumbing so high up ? I would think hiding the plumbing as much as possible might look better (like in the original scape where it's hidden by the rock)

I was originally going to do a waterfall but scratched it. The scape was nice but the rocks were a bit wobbly, maybe i’ll take some time to hide it again one day.

Massive fish losses today. Im fish sitting some fish for a friend and I think they brought disease into my system.

RIP

lemonpeel

splitface clown female

red spot cardinal

the other fish all look awful and ive got to go to work

shitty start to the week

• Sad 2

Omg 9 fish dead within 24 hours. 2 days ago there were no signs of disease:

RIP

Two splitface
Watchman
Convict goby
Red cardinal
Two chromis
Yellow tang
Lemonpeel angel

im very disheartened today. Do i even keep going with this tank....

ugh

Oh god, that’s so devastating. Im so so sorry.

You have a beautiful tank...and there are a lot of us who follow you here and on IG who would encourage you to persevere. 

49 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Oh god, that’s so devastating. Im so so sorry.

You have a beautiful tank...and there are a lot of us who follow you here and on IG who would encourage you to persevere. 

Thank you for the nice words. Im just super bummed right now but the tank will live on, two fish still alive so im really hoping they pull through. Will be a long time before I add more fish.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost been 8 weeks since the massive fish loss.

only the rabbitfish remains.

going to wait until 12 weeks and will consider adding more fish. 

Still undecided about this tanks future.

• Sad 2

Update:

rabbitfish still alive and its been 8 weeks since the deaths. My flame tip BTA ive had for 3 years has completely disappeared and all the corals arent happy.

i check parameters today and salinity is through the roof somehow. 1.037!!! Slowly bringing it down over the next few days. 

Sad......

pod population is crazy and discovering thousands of what I think are baby limpets or stomatella...

either way, still disheartened about this tank.

006208EE-315D-4C83-8DA3-4D66B8E8AD86.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, skijumpersc said:

I hope you hang in there, this is one of my favorite tanks I’ve seen on here

10 minutes ago, ChristopherDido said:

Agreed☝️

You guys are awesome. Thanks.

Well with some help from Rachey @ReefWeeds we discovered that the unknown bugs are a Spharomatid Isopod. 

Interesting. 

• Like 1

Loweres the salinity over three days to 1.027, by tomorrow ill have it down to 1.024. 

After that im going to add a fish. Something small, a damsel perhaps, maybe a six line. Wait a few weeks to see how it does. Then I may potentially start adding life again. We shall see. 

• Like 1
On 8/20/2018 at 9:37 PM, Sharbuckle said:

You guys are awesome. Thanks.

Well with some help from Rachey @ReefWeeds we discovered that the unknown bugs are a Spharomatid Isopod. 

Interesting. 

Wow crazy!!! Reefweeds doesn’t hang out with us anymore she to good for us she sold out and sponsored R2R :lol: 

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, kimberbee said:

It's hard to bounce back after losses. I'm still letting things ride it out from when I lost a bunch of corals during the move 4 months ago. 

I hear ya. I do have an empty 78g starphire cube sitting in my living room that needs some life and attention. Maybe ill just let the lowboy ride it out a bit and see if it grabs me again in a few months. 

20 hours ago, Lawnman said:

Wow crazy!!! Reefweeds doesn’t hang out with us anymore she to good for us she sold out and sponsored R2R :lol: 

Definitely too cool for nano reef lol

• 10 months later...
wasleyscience

Hi! I'm wondering where you got that industrial stand. I need 4 of those for my coral propagation system I'm setting up and need them 42 inches high. Wondering if that can save me time. Thanks! 

• 1 year later...