ReefCleaners.org

Is it ok that I put in a in way to many bio digest capsules in my 30 gal

The cardinal

You'll be fine. It's true, seeding your tank with the right beneficial bacteria will greatly speed up your tank's cycle period but there is a diminishing point of maximum returns, which you've probably exceeded. What I mean by that is, a typical dose level for a beneficial bacteria product like Biospira is about 5 ML per 10 gallons. Adding more won't hurt, but exceeding the dosage won't increase the time it takes to establish a bacterial colony in your tank. 

What I mean is, more isn't always better. In this case it's not going to hurt anything. Just don't overdose in the future with say, two part additives or fish/coral feedings. Always err on the side of adding too little to your tank than too much. Too little is easier to correct than adding too much of something. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, OPtasia said:

You'll be fine. It's true, seeding your tank with the right beneficial bacteria will greatly speed up your tank's cycle period but there is a diminishing point of maximum returns, which you've probably exceeded. What I mean by that is, a typical dose level for a beneficial bacteria product like Biospira is about 5 ML per 10 gallons. Adding more won't hurt, but exceeding the dosage won't increase the time it takes to establish a bacterial colony in your tank. 

What I mean is, more isn't always better. In this case it's not going to hurt anything. Just don't overdose in the future with say, two part additives or fish/coral feedings. Always err on the side of adding too little to your tank than too much. Too little is easier to correct than adding too much of something. 

Thank you

Only danger of overdosing bacteria is oxygen deprivation but as long as you didn't pour half a liter of the stuff into an established tank, you should have no worries at all. You might get a white haze or cloudiness in your tank but this is just a bacteria bloom. It should dissipate in the next day or two on its own. You're going to find residue on your tank glass too but you can just wipe it off with a new dish sponge from the dollar store or a magnetic glass cleaner. 

• Like 1

Word to the wise- dosing a large amount of a bacterial product  without a properly sized skimmer will lead to a bacterial bloom- which leads to other issues.

Check your skimmer for proper skimming capabilities. Keep you ALK 6-5 to 8 if you are doing this for long term success.