Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Black barred convict goby breeding

Durbelethwen

I have a mated pair of black barred convict gobies. I’ve had them about two years. The mostly reside in the space between the wall and a nearby terra cotta flower pot that I put in for a cave for other inhabitants.  Yesterday morning I saw one of them in the opposite corner and the other one in their regular apartment. This afternoon I saw one next to the flower pot and one inside the flower pot, right now mostly hidden by a rock in it. There is also a white blob on top of the rock, though it maybe part of the rock as it is hard to see in it because it is always shaded. But my cleaner shrimp who often hangs out in the flower pot has not been disrupted.

could the fish have laid eggs? I cannot find anything about breeding or sexting black barred convict gobies. 

I would take a picture, unfortunately there is hard to scrape off algae and I do not want to disturb them if they are caring for eggs

It's possible they have eggs laid. If so the fry will likely be sucked into he filter. Sponge filter intake and setup so they won't be sucked into the filter. Then there is the problem of feeding them. I had a pair of neon gobies breed many times with no luck raising the young. The fry were about 2mm long when they hatched. A rotifer supply was needed to feed them which I did not have set up.

Anything else in the tank will look at the young as a snack!