ReefCleaners.org

Revamping the Fluval Evo 12.5

Jaremiah25

I'm not very good at story telling . I'll try my best to tell just the most important parts to this thread . Hope it gets some interest as it will give me the motivation to actually go through with it .

I purchased this tank a few months back when I started in the saltwater aquarium hobby . Didn't really do my research ! Bad idea ! 

I went to a local fish store and purchased two pieces of life rock to cycle the tank as fast as possible . Picked them out because I noticed they had a nice colony of zoas, come to think about it they weren't even good ones at that,  guy told me they were from a tank that a customer took down . And now I know why , and you know soon .

I would buy frags and fish and just throw them in the tank and go about my business. And that came to bite me in the arse.  Tank was infested with flat worms, Eunice worms, bristle worms, and others I can't identify . So I took the tank down and want to modify the back chambers because the stock configuration sucks! 

Here is a picture of the hitchhikers just from the rocks I dipped before I tossed them out .. I had more than 6 bobbit worms I had removed 4 months ago ..

20171202_143503.jpg

I have removed the honeycomb print on the tank and removed the back wall to basically add my diy dividers to make it for what I want to put . But also thinking of drilling it and adding a sump.

20171202_123541.jpg

20171202_123601.jpg

Gently rocking back and forth on all contact points. It'll either start loosening off the silicone seal or joints will crack and break off . The real question is how will I fix acrylic to plastic and then to glass ??

Yeah learned my lesson , started new tank with dry rock as well, and now I dip my corals with Bayer advance and follow it with a ME coral wash off dip and then tank water rinse 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...