Top Shelf Aquatics

p.o.t.u.s' Waterbox 100.3 Build

p.o.t.u.s

Hello everyone! I'm super excited to start this thread to track the progress and pitfalls of my reef tank build! The primary purpose of this thread is to get advice from all of the members far more advanced and knowledgeable than I--and hopefully post cool pictures of colorful sticks in the coming months and years.  

My build could not be newer. My tank has been shipped, my equipment is on its way. Here is what I have ordered and what I presently intend on using. If anyone sees any major (or minor) oversights, I'm eager for advice on what to do/get differently.  

Ordered:

• Tank/Sump: Waterbox 100.3--This is a 75 gallon display, with a 25 gallon sump. Right now, I have a Sicce Pro 800 on order to function as the return pump. I'm worried about the flow, and am thinking about returning it and ordering the Sicce Pro 1000, or just wait to get the Neptune COR when it is released.
  • Skimmer: Lifereef SVS2-24: My plan is to power it with a Sicce Pro 1500.
  • Circulation: 1 Maxspect XF230 gyre with Icecap Apex Interface Module.
  • Lights: Orphek Atlantik v4: I'm really excited about this light.
  • Controller: Neptune Apex
  • Heating: 2 HMO Finnex Heaters (300w): I was unsure about this. I am planning on controlling both via the Apex, but having one as the primary and the other as backup/extra if temperature fell below a certain level.
  • Other: Pax Bellum ARID N18 Chaeto Reactor: I was originally thinking about growing the chaeto with just a Kessil H380 over the sump, but I thought the reactor might be better, specially given space limitations, independent ability to control flow, and the ability to plumb the C02 output from any future CA reactor into the ARID.

Future Plans:

• Neptune Trident
  • Neptune DOS
  • CA reactor
  • Big block of Marinepure in sump