Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AI Prime non-HD with gooseneck

atanubcool

On 11/27/2017 at 1:07 AM, dhruchainzz said:

Bit high considering a new HD runs 199.

But it does come with the gooseneck which is worth what, $30 or so?  So really only about $150 for the light, so not THAT high. ;)

6 hours ago, wesley42079 said:

The average cost for an AI Prime non HD shipped typically sells for $125.

Let me know if you decide to lower you asking price.

Really?  I've only seen one listed around that price once.  Usually I see them closer to what OP is asking.  The ones I found on ebay were over $150 with shipping. 

The $199 price for new Primes is literally only a few weeks old, and still doesn't include the mount.  Plus anybody who's ever negotiated prices knows you start higher than you want and move down from there. ;)

Good luck OP.

• Like 1

Here is a listing for a AI Prime HD with gooseneck selling for $180 shipped.  So, your asking price of $175 is a bit too high, if you ask me.

And here is another add selling a AI Prime non HD for $120.

19 hours ago, wesley42079 said:

Here is a listing for a AI Prime HD with gooseneck selling for $180 shipped.  So, your asking price of $175 is a bit too high, if you ask me.

And here is another add selling a AI Prime non HD for $120.

The one druski listed is currently hanging over my new 15 gallon tank, and I snagged it because I thought it was a great deal (it was the cheapest I've seen, and it was the color I wanted). While I might think $175 is a little high, it's hardly outrageous. People will sell things cheaper if they really need the money, and otherwise will wait for the right buyer to come along. Again, the price of new AI Primes JUST dropped to $199, and you'll still pay $225-plus to get one with a mount. It'll take a bit for secondhand prices to drop.

Frankly, you seem to be trying to get him to sell it for far less than he wants to or than it's even worth, which is kinda rude. If you don't like the price he wants, either make a counter offer, or leave it alone and don't buy it from him.

Items are worth whatever someone's willing to pay for them. And someone who doesn't have an issue with his asking price may be perfectly willing to buy it, and that's their prerogative. Do you go into other threads with lights for sale for only a small amount cheaper than new, and tell them they need to lower their asking price by a third? :rolleyes:

• Recommended Discussions