Cultivated Reef

Eshopps Eclipse S leak - advice needed

Dos Ocho

I am setting up a new tank and installed an Eshopps Eclipse S. I am running a tap water "wet dry run" to test all the plumbing. This is my first drilled tank with sump so i am making sure everything is working right before filling it with salt. 

I am noticing a very slight leak from the gasket between the back box of the overflow and the glass of the aquarium. By slight, i mean 1 drop in the 60 or so minutes everything has been running. When i first hooked everything up, the same leak was bad so i put a bead of silicone around the perimeter of the overflow box inside the tank and around the drilled hole on the inside of the tank before i hooked everything back up. 

So as far as i can tell, the leak is possible from the gasket inside the overflow in the tank or the gasket between the back box and the glass. 

My question is how worried should i be? I am running room temperature water right now. When the tank is running, it will be running warm saltwater. I'm thinking maybe some salt creep and general tank slime will seal it up over time once the tank is running. 

My only ideas to fix it are plumbing tape around the bulkhead threads or (I don't really like this idea) silicone around the drilled hole on the back side and smash the gasket into it until it cures. 

So, i am open to any advice you all may have. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Dos Ocho said:

I am setting up a new tank and installed an Eshopps Eclipse S. I am running a tap water "wet dry run" to test all the plumbing. This is my first drilled tank with sump so i am making sure everything is working right before filling it with salt. 

I am noticing a very slight leak from the gasket between the back box of the overflow and the glass of the aquarium. By slight, i mean 1 drop in the 60 or so minutes everything has been running. When i first hooked everything up, the same leak was bad so i put a bead of silicone around the perimeter of the overflow box inside the tank and around the drilled hole on the inside of the tank before i hooked everything back up. 

So as far as i can tell, the leak is possible from the gasket inside the overflow in the tank or the gasket between the back box and the glass. 

My question is how worried should i be? I am running room temperature water right now. When the tank is running, it will be running warm saltwater. I'm thinking maybe some salt creep and general tank slime will seal it up over time once the tank is running. 

My only ideas to fix it are plumbing tape around the bulkhead threads or (I don't really like this idea) silicone around the drilled hole on the back side and smash the gasket into it until it cures. 

So, i am open to any advice you all may have. Thank you. 

I have the same box and i just put silicone around the edges before i installed it. Let it dry for a day and it never leaked whatsoever

I did put silicone around the bulkhead but also learned I installed it wrong from the beginning. Both gaskets go between the glass and back box. No gasket between back box and locking nut. Rookie mistake! Been dry for 5+ hours of running. Thanks for the replies though.