geneva

tiny pink hitchhiker?

geneva

I saw this teeny guy on one of my snails this morning. I have also seen them before on my LR. I've never seen them move, but if I use my turkey baster and blast them with water they close up like a coral. Any ideas for me to look into would be greatly appreciated. I got nowhere looking through all the usual pests

PHOTO_20171124_133428.jpg

WV Reefer
6 minutes ago, geneva said:

I saw this teeny guy on one of my snails this morning. I have also seen them before on my LR. I've never seen them move, but if I use my turkey baster and blast them with water they close up like a coral. Any ideas for me to look into would be greatly appreciated. I got nowhere looking through all the usual pests

PHOTO_20171124_133428.jpg

Looks like a tiny aiptasia.  

geneva
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like a tiny aiptasia.  

Even though it's pink? I thought aiptasia were usually brown. And it's got what looks like little white bubbles on the tips of its arms, I probably should have mentioned that

• Like 1

WV Reefer
9 minutes ago, geneva said:

Even though it's pink? I thought aiptasia were usually brown. And it's got what looks like little white bubbles on the tips of its arms, I probably should have mentioned that

It’s possible it could be a majano or strawberry Anemone.  Hard to tell from pics but if they are everywhere, that sounds like a pest Anemone.  

Minidoll

Could be an orange ball anemone. ??? Are the tips like little white balls? I have a few little ones in one of my tanks. I'm keeping an eye on them. 

• Like 1

geneva

It looks a lot like strawberry anemone. I'll have to keep an eye on them and see what I can do to keep them from spreading too much. Thanks!

• Like 1