SaltCritters.com

Skimmer for IM Nuvo 20?

TDEcoral

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering too. I tried running a DIY water bottle one. It worked a little but I got worried it would slip down into the chamber too much and fill the trap bottle before I got home in the afternoon so I stopped using it. Ive looked into HOB and in chamber like the Ghost desktop model. I am so torn. Hope someone chimes in.

NanoReefMinimalist

The smaller the skimmer, the more frequently you have to adjust it. I run fusion 20 as well without a skimmer. Use poly filter pad to remove organic, it is highly effective. 

22 minutes ago, NanoReefMinimalist said:

The smaller the skimmer, the more frequently you have to adjust it. I run fusion 20 as well without a skimmer. Use poly filter pad to remove organic, it is highly effective. 

I tried a few different combos of filtration, one side being different then the other, ultimately I am running socks on both sides, media in the second chamber of the left side and Cheato in the 2nd of the right side. So far everything is going smooth. I've been on and off about a skimmer and seeing as how things seem to remain steady I am not really seeing the needs that justify needing one right now.