ReefCleaners.org

Pink Streaked Wrasse question

DocReef

I just recently got my hands on a Pink Streaked Wrasse which I have been wanting for a few years now. Unfortunately, it's Day 3 since adding it and it's been under a rock and I have not seen it move or come out since adding. 

I'd hate to disturb it and stress it out more than it already is. I know they are shy fish, but I'm worried that it's not going to eat, or worse yet, that it is dead under that rock. I see it's body, but it's not moving at all. 

Question is.... For those of you who have had a PSW, "How long did yours take to come out and eat?" Has anyone else had a similar experience?

If it was dead, your cuc would be cleaning it up and it would be gone within 24hrs.

I know my pink streak hid and took about a week before it was comfortable. It also looked dead when it slept

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

They do look dead when sleeping and I agree about @Clown79 's comment that if it was dead your CUC would be on it. What do you have for a CUC?

That was my initial inclination, but wanted a second opinion. Thank you. 

I have all kinds of snails, hermits and shrimp. 

2 hours ago, DocReef said:

That was my initial inclination, but wanted a second opinion. Thank you. 

I have all kinds of snails, hermits and shrimp. 

Yep, especially if you've got hermits and shrimp, they'd be all up on that if your fishy was dead. I only asked to see if maybe you had a light cuc. Keep waiting, but feed the tank anyway, just keep it light. Also smaller foods are good for the little wrasses. Mine wouldn't go after mysis at first so I fed cyclops and smaller pellets till it was more comfortable.  

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Yep, especially if you've got hermits and shrimp, they'd be all up on that if your fishy was dead. I only asked to see if maybe you had a light cuc. Keep waiting, but feed the tank anyway, just keep it light. Also smaller foods are good for the little wrasses. Mine wouldn't go after mysis at first so I fed cyclops and smaller pellets till it was more comfortable.  

Thanks for the advice.