Cultivated Reef

Led t5 hybrid help

freemandnj973

freemandnj973

Need help with what dimmable led drivers/ballast to get for this particular board. I'm tearing apart 2 lights to build a dual puck 24" light. Power cord will be about 10-15ft in length if that matters to power them. Each led is 3 watts for a total of 48 watts each board.  

20171029_122855.jpg

20171107_011327.jpg

20171103_123333.jpg

20171103_122831.jpg

So uou are wanting to take 2 of the par38's and place the clusters on a outside heatsink and use them ? I don't really get what you are trying to do if thats not that case. 

• 3 weeks later...
freemandnj973

Exactly what I'm trying to do. They're going to be sandwiched between 2-4 t5 bulbs in their own heatsinks. What I'd like to know is what would be 2 good dimmable drivers or one single dimmable driver to run them. I've never done anything diy led I'm a halide/t5 guy. But since I have space constraints and the ballasts in both lights died figured i would gut the lights and do a retrofit. This is more of an experiment than anything else and to see what par numbers I can get amd how well they blend with t5.