Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ADA 30W RFA Tank: 4/14 now with 400% more FRA!!

HiImSean

16 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Damn, I was gonna go but I didn’t  think they’d have anyone with RFAs. Good score! Can’t wait to see the dslr pics. 

Most the local vendors had good prices, like Reef Shac. There was another place that had $30 RFA but most were the red and white fringe ones, then they had some more expensive ones. 

I was wondering who picked over the Ocean Gems' stock before I got there, Sean.  I did scoop up a nice metallic orange & green tentacled one for a decent price, but it looks like you snagged some of the nicer ones! 

Actually a surprising number of vendors had a decent number of RFAs compared to years past (some actually being fairly priced).  Still no candle to the deal one can get on a 5 or 10 pack from VIP when Frank's feeling generous.

Hint, Sean... one waaaaay subtle hint - maybe you, me & Seafurn can go in on an order?  ;) 

That sounds great on an order!! I might be looking to make an order soon. My school semester is ending in may so after that I'll be looking to put that in. I wonder if we want more than 10 if they'll give more of a discount B) I did just see the only have a 40 pack listed right now for $299, could be good if we get free shipping with that!

Which vendor was Ocean Gem's, the $30 RFA on the middle row of vendors?

Unfortunately one of mine was closed up when I purchased it and it's starting to melt away. It was in a basket with some BTA so I'm not sure if they stung it enough to kill it?

They were on the end of that row close to the tables & speaker.  Had a lot more colors than that, even at 3-oclock when I came through.

The Aquarium Specialty folks in the 1st row also had some nice ones, but another grade up in pricing.  And by that point I'd already spent what I'd planned to and didn't want to go back on an already purchased deal.

BTAs can and will sting rock flowers.  Sorry to hear that you had one go.

Got some cool free stuff today and yesterday. Yesterday started out a bit stressful, our new dog and foster were up till about 3am barking, I think it was from the storms that rolled through the area. I had a statistics test yesterday also. While I wasn't too worried about it, if I made an A on it I get to exempt the final since I had 100's on my first two tests. Before I left work I saw a local post about a 60g cube setup he was getting rid of just down the street from me. Made the arrangements to get it after class, sweet. I'm planning on using this as a holding tank while I do a reboot on my 90g.

While between classes I was hungry so I went to Chic-fil-a and ordered a spicy chicken sandwich. When I bit into it, not spicy. I went back and got the spicy and the regular one. Jack-pot!

So this morning at work I was telling and showing my co-worker my cube tank, gonna keep it at the office for a bit till I make room for it at home, and he said a few blocks away from our office he saw a big tank sitting on the side of the road. We rolled over there and found a 75g sitting on the curb. Looked like the people living there were being evicted. It had a single light and HOB. We threw it in a work van and brought it back. Unfortunately its got a few chips in the side of the front pane. I was going to clean it up and sell it but IDK if I'd trust it to hold water. I filled it up and am checking it out though. I did think a bearded dragon could be badass!! What do you guys think about the chip though?

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Cube looks great!

I think the 75g is probably best suited for the bearded dragon given those cracks. I wouldn’t trust that seam with 75g of water pressing against it. 

We’ll the pink RFA isn’t going to make it. The foot looked damaged so I’m not sure if that was the problem. It never really attached in the tank. The remaining two look great though. 

• Sad 1

Bummer, that was a nice one!  :(

Hopefully mine will spawn true one of these days (i've no idea if it's a boy or girl, but smart money's on the latter) - in which case you're welcome to an albeit tiny replacement.

I always watch whoever's bagging up a rock flower post-sale for me like a hawk.  I'm sure this isn't my most endearing trait as a customer, but it's all too easy to get in a hurry and tear the nem off whatever it's holding onto rather than coax it into letting go more gracefully (and sans-injury).

On 4/25/2018 at 5:01 PM, HiImSean said:

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Gotta convince the wife first

Show her this - just saw it at my LPS...how can she say no??

(Thought you’d appreciate it anyway.)

(yes everyone - I know this is a reef forum!)

8078A3A0-5C93-4955-B47A-3E263CAE823A.thumb.jpeg.9db79f78abbdc997989aee5beae65f5d.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Its been on autopilot for a few months not. I think there's a total of 4 RFA in the tank now and a green/yellow ricordia. I also have 2 blue legged hermits for algae control. A few of my RFA didn't make it but the others are doing well. I don't do too much with the tank besides fill up the ATO and do a water change every few months. I bought an anemone shrimp that was in there for a month or so but has since vanished. I'll get some pics later this week when I'm back in town.

• Like 1