SaltCritters.com

WTB 18" Current Marine Orbit

zooman72

Looking to see if anyone has one they are no longer using, and hopefully in good to great shape - would like to light my jawfish nano (dimming feature would be nice, and less stressful than the on/off light I currently am using)... :) 

LMK, and thanks...

On 11/20/2017 at 2:37 AM, samnaz said:

Would you be interested in a Current Orbit Pro 18-24" ?

I would (already use one on my IM 20g Nuvo Fusion), but I am afraid I don't need that much illumination/ intensity as I don't currently have any corals in the aquarium (unless you are selling for "dirt cheap"), just 2 pair of Haitian yellow headed jawfish, and the 1st-gen non-Pro Orbits are typically cheaper (typically around $50 used, $100 new).  I already have a light over the tank (12" BuildMyLED 20K strip), and I was just looking for an inexpensive option that provides dimming (less stressful on the fish).  I have an 18" 1st-gen Orbit on my 4.5g flower nem tank, and it works well enough for the nems, and would be perfect for the jawfish...

Thanks though... :)

On 11/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, zooman72 said:

I have looked on Current's Ebay refurb section - nothing of note (i.e. they can be obtained for less new on Amazon, etc.)...

Keep checking there, every once in a while they will have an auction and sell for ~50 + shipping, I’d just get a new one with free shipping on amazon for 95 though.

On 11/25/2017 at 12:57 PM, xmas_one said:

Keep checking there, every once in a while they will have an auction and sell for ~50 + shipping, I’d just get a new one with free shipping on amazon for 95 though.

Yeah, I am thinking that might be the route, new through Amazon, but I am in no rush - the jawfish are doing great (came in thin, but are eating great and thickening up), and seem to be getting the hang of the current strip light simply shutting off as they tuck in for the night just before it shuts off.

Also, all PM's replied - I have received no less than 4 offers for 18" Orbit Pros, and while I would probably accept one of those if I was housing coral, I really have no need for that much light intensity with the present aquarium.  Unless someone is willing to let an 18" Pro go for around $50-$60, I am not really interested, sorry.  Also, I know how much they used to cost, but they are now going for $120 shipped from a couple of places as they have been discontinued - I picked up the one I have over my IM 20g at that price.

So, in summary, still looking... :)

• Recommended Discussions