Top Shelf Aquatics

Powerheads for 40B? Koralia evo/Nano or?

Slammed01

Hi all- 

looking for good powerhead recommendations. Plan on running a pair, 1 on each side.  Ran koralia 1400/750s before without issue, just bulky. Friend recommended sunsun but idk lol. Starting as FOWLR and some zoas/polyps eventually.

Abyone have experience with koralia Nano 545s? $26

koralia  750/850s $32 

I use koralia nanos, the size below 545 in my 32 g biocube. They are ok but I am in process of switching them out to jebao sw-2.  If your just  going to keep Coral and inverts the koralia will be fine, 545 or next size up I would say but.. if your going to keep Fish the koralia have a click on a wave maker that stress the fish a little which the sw-2 don't have  at start up.

Bought a sw-2 on fellow members advice and they are sweet, 12 v dc and very quite and more powerful, going on 3 months for sw-2 and over 9 months on koralia.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, luckie1966 said:

I use koralia nanos, the size below 545 in my 32 g biocube. They are ok but I am in process of switching them out to jebao sw-2.  If your just  going to keep Coral and inverts the koralia will be fine, 545 or next size up I would say but.. if your going to keep Fish the koralia have a click on a wave maker that stress the fish a little which the sw-2 don't have  at start up.

Bought a sw-2 on fellow members advice and they are sweet, 12 v dc and very quite and more powerful, going on 3 months for sw-2 and over 9 months on koralia.

Thank you! Never used a wave maker before but got my mind thinkin maybe it's time hmmm. Would 1 SW-2 suffice or would I need 2?

Took out koralia 425 and put one in quantine tank, it was water change time so I put in two sw-2 in my 32 bio cube and I had too turn them all way down. Whisper quite though...

lol Still have to read directions and link them together as master and slave and see if I can get a wave surge. Even on low the sw-2  move at least 5 x water and are quite.

• 2 weeks later...