inTank Media Baskets

Miami Tap water and RO/DI system

Jaremiah25

OK so Bulkreefsupply has a a doorbuster sale on a RO/DI system and i want to purchase one i just really dont know if im ok with 4 , 5 , 6, or 10 stage 

YES im kidding with the 10 stage..

I have a PDF of 2016 water quality chart for Florida but i have no clue as to what im looking at. Im attaching it so someone with the expertise can see it and see if the 4 stage is sufficient or would i need a higher stage due to the chemicals used in our Tap .. or maybe someone else that lives in south florida can let me know what system is working for you :D

http://www.miamidade.gov/water/library/reports/water-quality-2016.pdf

If your water is treated with chloramines you need to use special carbon blocks for chloramine removal. Brs has a video on rodi systems and chloramines removal.

I use a 4 stage and added an additional stage to it. I use a standard carbon block and then one for chloramines removal.

I can't help with the water report as it's all blurry on my phone

Mitch's Fishes
58 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

If your water is treated with chloramines you need to use special carbon blocks for chloramine removal. Brs has a video on rodi systems and chloramines removal.

I use a 4 stage and added an additional stage to it. I use a standard carbon block and then one for chloramines removal.

I can't help with the water report as it's all blurry on my phone

Where did you add the extra carbon block? Was it right after the first carbon block or after the DI block?

MainelyReefer

Wow your water sucks, and it has both chlorine and chloramine treatment as stated in that water analysis.  If it where my system for my house or if a customer asked me to mitigate that( I sell RO units) I would tell them a whole house carbon filter with Atleast 1.5cuft of acid washed carbon would be the long term solution to not having to replace the dinky 2x10 prefilters as those only mitigate so much as it's more about contact time than anything.  Buy a system test it, and do some research on what your asking as you just asked if you should put the other carbon block after the DI.  DI is the final stage that is basic.  I wouldn't even drink your water without a carbon system then RO honestly

On 22/11/2017 at 1:49 AM, Mitch's Fishes said:

Where did you add the extra carbon block? Was it right after the first carbon block or after the DI block?

I watched the brs video. I set mine up under the recommendation of sediment chamber, carbon block, chloramines carbon block, then di. 

My first chamber  (sediment) is the add on chamber.

My water has over 500 tds going in and 0 coming out.

Most water these days isn't good and more and more municipalities use chlorine and chloramines because they have to. 

Not everyone can afford a full home rodi system and renters sure wouldn't want to invest in it.