inTank Media Baskets

oMARCo94

my lfs is selling a Nuvo  Nano 24 for quite cheap but i have heard story's about the tank having leaks. He said it was the redesigned model with 6mm glass also the item number is IM0602T if that helps. so does anyone know if its worth getting?

I'd rather spend a little more on a tank that has less chance of leakage. Of course, any tank has a chance of leaking but some more than others. It's not something I'd like to worry about on a daily basis. To me, it's not worth the risk. 

All tanks have the ability to leak.

How many stories have you read about that model leaking?

I was considering the IM drop off tank but every single one I read of had bowed and sprung leaks within a very short period.

I "Had" a nuvo 16 which failed along the bent portion of the glass. ( IM was very helpful in rectifying the problem.) I prefer the new fusion AIO tanks. IMO we spend hundreds of dollars on fancy corals. Fish etc. Why not bite the bullet on there housing?

Polarcollision

Mine is going strong since November 2013

make sure the stand will absolutely not bow under weight

ensure tank is level, no water height discrepancy front to back

most important, don’t put a power head on the walls that will force glass to absorb vibrations (im looking at you, ecotech)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Polarcollision said:

Mine is going strong since November 2013

make sure the stand will absolutely not bow under weight

ensure tank is level, no water height discrepancy front to back

most important, don’t put a power head on the walls that will force glass to absorb vibrations (im looking at you, ecotech)

Say the words nuvo 24 and naturally my first thought was polarcollision! (said it before and I'll say it again, your tank is one of the most incredible if not THE most I've seen yet). I have always assumed you were just one of the lucky ones with a nuvo 24 still going strong years later. But it sounds like you got it all figured out. And I sure hope you do, so I can enjoy future photos of your tank for years to come ;)  (ps - update your thread with some photos soon pls!)