SaltCritters.com

NEW PJ reefs Magnetic Container and Food **NOW AVAILABLE**

pj86

LINK TO KICKSTARTER, PJ reefs Magnetic Feeder

REWARD IS ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE

Hi, Nano-reef members. Many of you showed interest in the PJ reefs 2.0 Feeding Magnets and Food.

I would like to offer this as a reward. Please PM or comment below if you would back it as a reward. I can have these ready for Christmas.

PJ reefs 2.0 Magnetic Feeding Container and Food for $29.99 ($30 on Kickstarter) as a reward level. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JoeR said:

AWESOME. I’m in.

I don’t however see the poll? Maybe it’s just my phone idk.

Thanks! I forgot to erase that portion. I feel comments and PM will be best.

19 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Hi PJ, what makes the eggs magnetized? Can any brand eggs be used?

Hi metrokat. The company INVE market the magnetized cyst to large fisheries and also aquaculture facilities. They magnetize the eggs by coating them with a magnetic material that is non-toxic to invertebrates and vertebrates. I will be selling them through PJ reefs. I just came up with the idea of the magnetic container and I have been using it to feed finicky eaters as well as some larval stages of fishes.

6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Ocean Nutrition also makes magnetic artemia cysts. They make a very similar product- same concept with a magnet that holds the shells down while the nauplii hatch and swim out. 

Ocean Nutrition does not make the cysts, they just use INVE cyst to market under their brand name. You won't see the Ocean Nutrition product in the USA because it is only marketed in the EU.

Their concept is to hatch the artemia outside in a separate vessel with a magnet. My concept is hatching the cyst in a magnetized container inside a nano/pico aquarium. A different concept. Either way, I want to make it available to hobbyists. ;)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, pj86 said:

Ocean Nutrition does not make the cysts, they just use INVE cyst to market under their brand name. You won't see the Ocean Nutrition product in the USA because it is only marketed in the EU.

Their concept is to hatch the artemia outside in a separate vessel with a magnet. My concept is hatching the cyst in a magnetized container inside a nano/pico aquarium. A different concept. Either way, I want to make it available to hobbyists. ;)

Yeah it seems like there is no US distributer of magnetized cysts, thats awesome. Out of curiosity how much is it per gram- is feeding nauplii expensive? 

• Christopher Marks featured this topic
9 minutes ago, Boggers said:

PM sent, I am game for one. I always thought they needed to tumble, so hatching was always a pain for me.

They hatch without tumbling, another concept uses how they are attracted to light to gather them with varying success. I actually used the product below, but the quantity was never enough for large feedings. 

San Francisco Bay Brand Shrimpery

I'm in too, do we just have to go to your kickstarter page and pay the $29.99 or how does that work?
Thanks much for being able to have these out so soon!

1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

I'm in too, do we just have to go to your kickstarter page and pay the $29.99 or how does that work?
Thanks much for being able to have these out so soon!

@hinnenkm No problem. Luckily I can have these soon because parts and manufacturing are obtained in the US. :) I will post instructions by tomorrow morning.

30 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

I'll buy one! Maybe I can get someone to get it for Christmas for me.

@GraniteReefer Thanks!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recommended Discussions