Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dwarf/antennata Lionfish 37 gallons?

RozZy

Hey there guys.

I'm just about to stock my tank with another fish and in my experience with reefing I've always been drawn to aggressive fish. 

But since my plans for this tank is to have a tridacna clam softies and LPS, my choices are few. But then I just remembered... Dwarf lionfishies.

Right now I have 2 clownfish & a royal gramma with a fireshrimp. I dont have any hermits, just snails, stars and an urchin. Would adding a lionfish be pushing the limits of the tank?

I do vodka dosing to keep the nitrates and phosphates down.

Equipment:

Aqua Medic Cubicus 140L (37 gallons)

Aqua Medic TurboFlotor 500 skimmer

UV Sterilizer.

Filter:

Filter Floss, Activated Carbon, GFO, 40-45 lbs of LR

23331328_1618151731574841_2308069386481938675_o.jpg

Even the dwarf lionfish grow pretty big.  You would have to figure rehoming it or upgrading eventually.  Also your shrimp could end up being an expensive meal.  They will eat anything that will fit in their mouths, (including fish) and their mouths open pretty big for their size.  All that said, your tank could certainly house a small lionfish for a while.

So, you plan on a dwarf lion, no shrimp, no clowns and no royal gramma? Cuz that's what'll happen. Also, antennatas get about 6 or 7". Not exactly a small fish. While I believe it's doable, I wouldn't advise it.

Or, pretty much what V said. Damn my hunt and peck thumb typing method.

• Like 2