SaltCritters.com

Can't stay away from the hobby! Any custom stuff you need made?

cdelicath

Hey guys looking to start making some stuff again for people and start another sponsorship. 

If there is a need I will probably bring back all the old PicO accessories like the MP10 shields, PicO skimmer, fluval boxes and such but I was just wondering if there are any other needs in the hobby that have gone un-addressed since I have been gone? I won't be doing any glass work but maybe bring back the PicO filtration design for already built tanks or something? 

I am open to ideas! 

• Like 2
Thrassian Atoll

I can't find a small decent line holder for my dosing lines.  Everything out there is 4 lines and big.  Most of them either go over the top of the tank or submerge the lines in the water.  I am looking for a 2 or 3 small line holder that is magnetic and keeps the lines out of the water.  Here is a jerry rigged thing I made.  

37724969554_737d35d69a_b.jpg

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, TILTON said:

I can't find a small decent line holder for my dosing lines.  Everything out there is 4 lines and big.  Most of them either go over the top of the tank or submerge the lines in the water.  I am looking for a 2 or 3 small line holder that is magnetic and keeps the lines out of the water.  Here is a jerry rigged thing I made.  

37724969554_737d35d69a_b.jpg

I agree, a line holder for small, space challenged AIOs would be nice. Also, maybe small, affordable dosing containers/boxes for tanks like the IM Nuvos would be awesome. 

3 hours ago, TILTON said:

Not a problem PM me your size requirements and I can draw something up and we can get one made.

5 hours ago, mbarton2010 said:

Welcome back! I still have one of the first AIO you made. The 14g cube. It’s not set up but it still exists 

I remember. That was quite a while ago back at the very beginning of PicO!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

My PicO is still up & running! 

Glad to hear. I miss building them I remember your order also. That was the hard part, I remember all the orders. :(

3 hours ago, jstj0sh said:

I agree, a line holder for small, space challenged AIOs would be nice. Also, maybe small, affordable dosing containers/boxes for tanks like the IM Nuvos would be awesome. 

What do you see a ideal size being for the containers? Wall mount? Tank mount?

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll

The space I have is 4" wide by 3" deep.  I am thinking  1/4" to 1/2"  thick with 3 holes that are 1/3" that will accommodate 1/4" tubing.  I would like the holes at least to be 1.5" in depth in the middle of the space so my walls do not get calcification on them.  Its possible to do 1/4" and have no small plastic screw to secure the lines or 1/3" holes and have little plastic screws to secure the lines.  I would want it to come straight out from the wall attached by magnets on both sides.  The inside magnet to be sunk into the Acrylic to save space.  There are a ton of probe racks out there like this pretty much, but no line holder racks and the probe holders are too big.

Haha, I hope that gives a good picture in your head.  Also would be nice, but not sure how cost effective.  A frag rack that clips onto my two return nossles and goes between them would be awesome.  

On 11/15/2017 at 3:38 PM, TILTON said:

The space I have is 4" wide by 3" deep.  I am thinking  1/4" to 1/2"  thick with 3 holes that are 1/3" that will accommodate 1/4" tubing.  I would like the holes at least to be 1.5" in depth in the middle of the space so my walls do not get calcification on them.  Its possible to do 1/4" and have no small plastic screw to secure the lines or 1/3" holes and have little plastic screws to secure the lines.  I would want it to come straight out from the wall attached by magnets on both sides.  The inside magnet to be sunk into the Acrylic to save space.  There are a ton of probe racks out there like this pretty much, but no line holder racks and the probe holders are too big.

Haha, I hope that gives a good picture in your head.  Also would be nice, but not sure how cost effective.  A frag rack that clips onto my two return nossles and goes between them would be awesome.  

Made this mock up today. Will something like this work?

If so I can gussy this design up and make a batch.

2 1/2" wide by 1 3/4" front to back "including screws"

works on 1/4" glass or less

$18 shipped +$5 for 3/8" glass

temp.png

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
Thrassian Atoll
17 minutes ago, cdelicath said:

Made this mock up today. Will something like this work?

If so I can gussy this design up and make a batch.

2 1/2" wide by 1 3/4" front to back "including screws"

works on 1/4" glass or less

$18 shipped +$5 for 3/8" glass

temp.png

That looks great!  How big are the holes?  Is the magnet sunk into the Acrylic?

.3" just a hair under 5/16"

The lines go in pretty snug the screws will lock them down secure as well as stand them up straight. And yes the magnet is countersunk into the acrylic. This was just a quick prototype I'm going to Jazz it up a bit and then I'll post a final picture for you.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
29 minutes ago, cdelicath said:

.3" just a hair under 5/16"

The lines go in pretty snug the screws will lock them down secure as well as stand them up straight. And yes the magnet is countersunk into the acrylic. This was just a quick prototype I'm going to Jazz it up a bit and then I'll post a final picture for you.

Perfect!  Should work well!  You know what else would be cool?  A nano version of a chaeto reactor.  

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, dhruchainzz said:

Any chance you can make a nice lid for a rimless? One that has the least effect on looks.

Yeah I've been kicking around an idea for mesh tops again trying to come up with a different method. I will figure something out.

2 hours ago, TILTON said:

Perfect!  Should work well!  You know what else would be cool?  A nano version of a chaeto reactor.  

I will have to do a little research on that one. I have all the stuff for the skimmers on the way so I should have those available again in a week or two. And the MP 10 shields should be next week sometime. I will also have my original design of the fluval hang on back filter surface skimmer boxes. No magnets needed. Got a lot to get rolling here but keep the ideas coming.

I want a free-standing refugium that allows my 7.5 gallon cube to pump water in and gravity feed back to tank. I would like it 12"x6" footprint and 15" tall and include a lid. That should be approximately 5 gallons of volume. PM me a quote

• Recommended Discussions