Innovative Marine Aquariums

Home Theater System for Corals in So. Cal.

samwoo2go

ok im getting really desperate. Im willing to part with my beloved AMW home theater system just so I can afford some new corals. :(

ok here is the system:

AMW 150 watts Home Theater System. Dobly Digital 5.1 Pro logic II. barely used, complete with DVD Player(plays, DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, SVCD, MP3, JPEG, AVI, WMA, KODAK PIC CD, AND MORE), Receiver, 4 satellite speakers, 1 center speaker, 1 powered subwoofer, remote control, AM/FM antenna, all cables (system and speakers), and instructions. if you live close, I'll even come and set it up for you for free.

Here is what I would like to trade for it: (in order of preference, prefer small frags of different stuff if possible.)

Any FrogSpawn (prefer the pink or purple tip but not picky)

zoos (has to have a color skirt)

Any Rics (except brown)

Any Hairy Mushrooms (except brown)

Any Bright Bright Bright Bright Red Mushrooms. :D

Any Hammer

Bubble Coral (has to be the green or pink/pearl ones)

Any leather (prefer yellow, or toadstool, but not picky)

Any GSP (prefer the larger polyp ones thats bright green)

Any CandyCane

Keep in mind folks, I paid about $120 for this system brand new, so please don't make fun of me and offer me something like 1 polyp of zoo for it. its hard as it is to part with my system. :(

YOUR CORALS WILL GROW BACK, BUT I CAN NEVER GROW MY HOME THEATER SYSTEM BACK

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holyherbiness

Why don't you just wait and make a little money and then buy corals?

Obviously I don't understand your financial situation as wbell as you, and you've probably thought of that already. But that's like giving up my TV for corals, which is something I wouldn't do.

im not going to get any more money for a while (like 9 months) because school is starting and my parents won't let me work during the school year and they give me just barely enough to pay rent and food and stuff. Now obvisiously I can't give up My food or shelter... so I decided that 9 months is a long time with no new corals, and I rather part with my system for some new corals.

resale value of a $120 stereo isn't much, not a great financial move... I would wait it out. Here are a few tips on saving/making money in college...

Eat Ramen.

Find a friend who lives in the dorms who has extra mealpoints he is going to lose if he doesn't use them (unless you live in the dorms), then you don't have to buy food.

Buy booze for friends (NO, I'm just KIDDING!)

Take good notes in class and sell them to poor shmucks that skip class.

Hmmmm... any other ideas people???

There are always the blood/plasma/sperm banks... they will give you some $$$.

Thanks but I have to do all that just to get by the school year... And I really have my mind set on getting some new corals, so if anyone can make me a fair offer....

wow dude, you must be desperate.. I'll give you a few frags, I have some zoos and some other stuff (a ric or two, xenia etc) and maybe even an frag of candy cane.

you can keep the home theater (I already have one :) )

lemmie know if you're interested in some free stuff.

-skeletor-

ok guys, I just picked up some free frags from Skeletor, He has some truly amazing tanks, I'll post some pics of what I got later when they fully open up.

Thanks Skeletor, I really appreciate the frags, they look great. :)

ok picture time...

This is the pulsing Xenia Frag (3 stalks)

9197Xenia.jpg?4217

This is the 2 Zoos frags (Red skirt/Yellow center, Green skirt/orange,red center)

9197zoos.jpg

Here is another zoos frag in my 2.5g(these ones has not opened up as well, hope they will open up too)

9197white_shell.jpg

here is a stalk of the Xenia I cut off myself and superglued to a rock, its not doing so well, hope it will make it... sorry skeletor :( )

9197dying_xenia.jpg

Here is my Random Frag Rock (where I superglued all the tiny little frags... there are 2 rics, 4 various small Mushshrooms, and 1 bigger green Mushroom that use to be the size of the small ones 3 weeks ago :) )

9197random_frag.jpg

Finally Here is the whole tank... Thanks again Skeletor!!! :)

9197MB5_Zoo.jpg

well, I just like to help ppl out every now and again, it's not such a big deal, all these corals grow pretty well for me so I don't mind sharing some of them around. it was nice to meet a fellow NR.commer in person and chat about tanks and stuff. nice pics too, glad you liked the zoos and I'm glad to see you got some of my favorite "green eggs" zoos. also hope you enjoyed the zoo fragging lesson ;-), here are some pics so you can all see how easy this is:

http://crayfish.nu/gallery/view_album.php?...Name=zoofraggen

that xenia is pretty hard to kill :) I'm sure it will make a comeback in a day or two.

-skeletor-

I thought I was the only one to use shells for frag mounts:D Well done on the gift skeletor. Oh and samwoo2go you'll be fragging those Xenias like mad for trades later on down the road. The things grow like weeds. There like reef roachs.

Originally posted by samwoo2go

hope the Xenia will make a come back. :)

Oh they will, WITH A VENGENCE. Xenia was my first coral in the hobby. I bought a small frag that wasn't attached to anything, I couldn't get it to attach to anything it just kept blowing around my tank. So I finally just shoved it in a hole in my live rock and forgot about it. Now I'm currently harvesting a Xenia farm. Those things split and grow like crazy. They are cool to watch and from what I'm told, help reduce Nitrates, but If I had to do it over I would have rubber banded the thing to my overflow and let them spread all over that instead of my live rock.

Hey Samwoo

You know whats cool about generosity. It motivates others to do the same.

I was just browsing and caught on and would, like skeletor, like to help a fellow reefer out. I'm in Palmdale. If you want to come out I have some pieces I'll help you out with. I have a small piece of cladellia and a couple zoo frags. LMK

how do I get on the slave list??? I never seem to catch these breaks from our local reefers. I take that back I did for the first time just get some freebie macro. Anyone who wants to do some shipping let me know I will pay shipping and when my stuff gets large enough to frag I will return the favor.

Archived