Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First saltwater tank, fluval evo 12 video link

Mike P

Hi all, here is a link to my evo 12 with livestock. Hope it looks good and I can’t wait to get more corals in it. Sorry for the terrible editing, I had to do it on my phone since my computer is messed up. 

First day he nipped at the tail and I was worried it wasn’t going to work. But the next day they seem to be getting along and leaving each other alone. The firefish found himself a hole that goes under my rock and the clown mainly stays near the surface. From everything I read you just need to make sure the firefish has a safety zone and I think my clown is young enough to not have developed the territorial issues I have been reading about

Very nice video.  I have been keeping reef tanks a long time and currently have seahorses and I wished I had a video of them that was half as good, ha ha!

Nice clean looking system too.

ThisPlaceIsAPrison

Mike, great system!  I have ordered the EVO as my first SW tank.  I am still trying to figure out my rockscape prior to it's arrival.  I want to start with green star polyp coral also and I am digging what you did.  From what I read the GSP does better if it is set up on it's own rock as it has a tendency to disrupt other coral.  In my mind I want my coral to flourish a bit before adding fish but we will see about my level of patience.  

Do you have any clean up crew to speak of? Do you have the Fluval protein skimmer going?  

Thank you, I have 5 snails and a chiton as my clean up crew. Didn’t want to add any crabs due to them possible eating snails and harming coral. I’m trying to create a very peaceful tank. On the GSP I placed it on my front rock and am kinda hoping it will take over the whole rock. That one has a large hole through the middle and I think it would look really cool with gsp and seeing my fish swim through it. I’m not running the protein skimmer and not sure if I will purchase it unless I absolutely need it, I heard with a tank this size you don’t need one but I’m new to the hobby. I hope you enjoy your evo when it comes in, just be patient and make sure you let the tank cycle fully. ?

17 hours ago, Mike P said:

First day he nipped at the tail and I was worried it wasn’t going to work. But the next day they seem to be getting along and leaving each other alone. The firefish found himself a hole that goes under my rock and the clown mainly stays near the surface. From everything I read you just need to make sure the firefish has a safety zone and I think my clown is young enough to not have developed the territorial issues I have been reading about

Do you think you have room to add another clown? 

6 hours ago, dhruchainzz said:

Do you think you have room to add another clown? 

Maybe but I’m sure they would attack each other, from what I have looked into and what my LFS told me is that with clowns if you want 2 they should be a mated pair.