ReefCleaners.org

Are these sufficient to grow macroalgae?

AlmightyJoshaeus

AlmightyJoshaeus

Hi all! I am thinking of setting up a 10 gallon macroalgae tank but needed some pointers on how much light is needed. I was thinking of using two 10,000K 20 inch LED lights at 2,160 lumens each (no PAR value, alas, but they grow freshwater plants very well and one is sufficient to encourage red colors in many freshwater plants). Would these be sufficient, or would I need something more heavy duty? Thanks

Here's the link...it is the 20" version; https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-48-LED-Light-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-0-5W-Full-Spectrum-Plant-Marine-FOWLR/262793246177?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=561788792726&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

My tablet would not bring up the ebay link for a full description but I would think it would grow low light softies like zoas, mushrooms and leathers.  I don't know that I would try coral that need moderate light or anything higher.

Perhaps.  I would go ahead and see how your macros and soft coral do and go from there unless you know that you want higher light  coral to start with.  In that case I would consider a different light to start with.

• Like 1