ReefCleaners.org

21 Gallon Red Sea Maxx

Braun036

Well it has been awhile I thought I would giving you guys an update. Everything in the tank has been doing very well and growing at an awesome rate. I am truly pleased with how well things have been going. After my clam died I took a little piece of rock and put it in its spot and placed some zoas on there and they have been doing great.  I did remove the yellow/neon green branching hammer and I am not sure what I will put in its place. Any ideas??? 

C1B04630-D23E-4925-9B45-D4C99345D3A6.png

DD4BAEC6-F161-4B9D-A0CE-D7FFE91DFE66.png

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Well it has been quite some time that I have been on here. Very busy with work but some how my tank seems to be doing just fine. I am very annoyed that a rouge emerald crab gave my Duncan coral a hair cut. Meaning that is are some of his tentacles. So the Duncan is recovering though which is a good thing as it is my favorite coral in the tank. My GSP are still being goofy and they are growing like a weed which I absolutely love. They have been closed up for two days now not exactly sure what their prom em is   They have done this from time to time though so I am not worried at the moment. Per a lot of your request I did in fact sell back the yellow tang to the LFS. as he was getting a little to big for the tank. I have added in a bird nest which I absolutely love and a red flaming  scallop  Which is very cool. I love the way his gum like flashes blue. He has moved back in between two rocks so it is hard to get him on video and even harder to feed. But he is doing well. He is just a little video showing the tank. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Things have been going well for me and my little ocean. I have started to get little patches of green hair algae which I have no explanation for. As all my tests are coming back damn near prefect. So I have just been pulling it out by hand. And doing water changes hoping that fixes the problem. 

On 12/28/2018 at 5:23 PM, DaveMc said:

Beautiful tank!  I am in the prcess of setting up a 5g pico. Hope I can get it to look as great as yours 😊.

Keep up the great job.

Good luck on the 5 gallon. 

Happy 2019 and your tank is looking great.  I just love the way the coral frame the cave area and the soothing motion of the coral moving in the flow.  You have done a great job.

@vlangel wow thank you very much. Only fish people get it.  We understand how much work and money goes into these tanks. Friends and family come over and they say nice tank they dont really understand the whole thing. So thank you for noticing the hard work. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Okay so it has been awhile since I have been on here. Hope everyone’s tanks are doing well and all your corals and fish are thriving. I have had a couple of patches of green hair algae spike up so I went to the LFS and purchased a sea hair who has been chipping away at the problem. Have to wait for the Triton results to come in. Since I can’t seem to find the problem with all my test kits. Which as you know I use the Hannah checkers and the Red Sea reef kits. So anyways here is a video of my tank please enjoy it. 

https://youtu.be/I8uUD1EeM44

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Okay guys how have we been doing? I hope all your tanks are doing well. Today was the reef2reef coral swap here in Pittsburgh it was a nice turn out. So I was able to go up there and pick out a new coral. Even though my tank is rapidly out growing it’s self. Which brings me to my next question I am fragging out some of my frogspawn if you are interested please let me know. I was thinking 50 bucks a head I have 8 heads I am willing to sell. If you are interested in all 8 I can work a deal with you. 

83FEDC64-2624-4098-A67F-FC670A8ACB2E.jpeg

Here is a picture of the new coral I grabbed today I can not remember the name of it for whatever reason. Maybe you guys can help me out. I am surprised that his  polyps are out already. He has been in the tank for about 3 hours now. 

056704E1-95FD-4948-8C34-12846F95E03D.jpeg

5 hours ago, Braun036 said:

Here is a picture of the new coral I grabbed today I can not remember the name of it for whatever reason. Maybe you guys can help me out. I am surprised that his  polyps are out already. He has been in the tank for about 3 hours now. 

056704E1-95FD-4948-8C34-12846F95E03D.jpeg

I am no expert in SPS corals, but that looks like Montipora digitata.

Also, lovely tank you have here ^^

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I was going though picture on my phone today. My iPhone created a really cool 10 minute video of a lot of the pictures I haven taken over the years. I would like to share it you guys. Boy I look back and it crazy on just how much has changed from corals growing to coming and going. The fish have gotten a lot bigger. Please take some time and enjoy.