Pod Your Reef

21 Gallon Red Sea Maxx

Braun036

just posted a video as the tank is one week older lol. Everything is looking really good. But if you notice my branching hammer in the lower left does not look to be doing well any advice. 

Adding the new clown fish to the tank. I am not sure how long I should leave him in this little holding cage. I am afraid my clownfish that has been in the tank is going to eat this little guy 

BC56031E-D9D2-4F02-940E-DAD06658BB9C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my new gold tip hammer today. This photo was taking after he was only in there a couple hours so I will post another one tomorrow. But enjoy for now 

F8435E6C-E269-4BC8-97A6-08C948E59593.jpeg

And here is another update on the tank. Everything is going really well I had an ammonia scare today turns out the test is junk. Almost gave me a heart attack!! Waiting for my Hanna checker for ammonia to show up which should be tomorrow.  The clam and yellow tang are doing really well along with everything else. I turned all the lights on the tank so I could take some better pictures. 

948EB562-7CFE-4E7A-81A1-52F63CA36572.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ThisPlaceIsAPrison
13 hours ago, Braun036 said:

Just a short video on the tank everything g is going really well. And I am so happy with the ways things are going. 

Very nice! 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if I am able to put a clear piece of plastic or glass in between my  Australian golden torch and hammer to prevent any future issues. Nothing has happened yet just not sure I like them two  heavy hitters next to each other. 

What I might do as a matter of fact is pull the Elegant out of the tank completely put the Australian golden torch where the elegant is now and then buy another hammer or frogspawn and put it where the golden torch was

Okay so I had to remove the elegant out because he wasn’t playing nice. With the hammer that was above him or the Duncan that was to the left of him. And because I don’t like things hurting each other he is out and back at the LFS. But I wanted to show you guys his replacement.  Got a super cool hammer coral to go in its place.  Tell me what you guys think. 

13F5E2C5-28CE-4870-9EF6-43D237071520.jpeg

B1AA64E4-00AE-4394-9DAB-E88DDDB118DE.jpeg

• Like 3
On 22/01/2018 at 8:06 PM, Braun036 said:

Okay so I had to remove the elegant out because he wasn’t playing nice. With the hammer that was above him or the Duncan that was to the left of him. And because I don’t like things hurting each other he is out and back at the LFS. But I wanted to show you guys his replacement.  Got a super cool hammer coral to go in its place.  Tell me what you guys think. 

13F5E2C5-28CE-4870-9EF6-43D237071520.jpeg

B1AA64E4-00AE-4394-9DAB-E88DDDB118DE.jpeg

Those fluorescent yellow tipped hammers are really lovely.  

• 2 weeks later...

Okay just another update it seems like my branching hammer coral that is purple and green tip has grown two more head so that is exciting news. I have also cut back on water changes to only when my tank needs one. I was changing my water every 4-5 days no matter what. I just tested my water once a week and change water accordingly. Things look great 

1C5A89B8-37FE-4663-AE78-93D172AFFB70.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I found this after your clam post :(

I am glad to see the Tang will get a bigger home. Even if you caught it and traded it, every time you have to catch him would be stress on your reef as they can be difficult to catch.

Also every new fish could bring in disease and wipe out your other fish so trading in the Tang is a risk to your livestock. There is even a parasite called Uronema marinum that is free living, meaning it doesn't need a fish host. So if it gets brought into the tank, it will stay there and could infect any fish you add. This can mean a complete tear down of the tank and sterilization or just not having fish.

It is not worth playing with fire. 

Your tank is beautiful, keep it up! I really like the red sea tanks.

@tamberva Thank you yes I was planning on doing that at firstbjustbswapping tangs as got bigger but then I thought to my self I am truly in love with this hobby and would rather just buy a bigger tank. So in March which is only a couple of weeks away I will set up a 91 gallon Red Sea tank. Then if everything goes according to plan I will be able to start moving corals and fish over in May. I am just very upset over this clam. 

• 4 weeks later...

hi this is beautiful... i didn't read through your entire thread, but did the tang police get to you yet? I have a red sea max cycling right now and plan on making it my ultimate tank, but I don't even know where to start with aquascape and live stock, so many options. following along

• Like 1

Thank you very much. And yes the tang police did mention some things but they backed off once they found out that he is going into 100 gallon in a couple weeks