ReefCleaners.org

Clown's 5g Reef

Clown79

33 minutes ago, Newstead said:

I have to stop looking at this tank - makes me want to start up my old fluval5 again, and I don't need 3 tanks going! Just beautiful.

Lol.

I hear ya. That used to be a betta tank and then I decided I need another reef.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Gourami Swami

This tank looks great!

I want an anemone, but I like things staying where I put them. I see you're having issues with that with your nem, maybe I will have to avoid them. In such a small tank there is limited real estate already without corals deciding they all want the best spot 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gourami Swami said:

This tank looks great!

I want an anemone, but I like things staying where I put them. I see you're having issues with that with your nem, maybe I will have to avoid them. In such a small tank there is limited real estate already without corals deciding they all want the best spot 

I wanted the tank to be an rfa tank so it's not a biggy. I can always remove the other corals and put them in my other 2 tanks.

He only moved when I changed lights. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I decided to shut down this tank. Having 3 reefs, plus my FW was just too much work right now with my life.

I took all the anemones and made my 10g into an anemone tank, any corals that we really loved are in my lagoon, the blenny is in the 10g, the rest was sold.

• Like 1
On 3/8/2019 at 11:21 AM, Firefish15 said:

Hm, bummer. This was a cool tank. As Dr. Malcolm put it, "Life, uh, finds a way." 

Thank you but it all got transferred to the 10g. The 5g was just not enough room for the anemone tank I REALLY wanted...If i had a house who knows how many tanks I'd have!

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
Mitch's Fishes

Clown- this thread has been very helpful as I set up a Fluval Evo V, and the tank was looked great when you had it running. I loved your DIY media basket, I think I am going to try that out.

I'm struggling with finding a reliable heateing solution and an autotop off. Did you run the aqueon pro heater the whole time you had it set up? Did it fit in the pump chamber? What was the wattage on it and did it keep a pretty stable temp? And were you running an ATO?  Lol sorry for all the questions but this is one of the best looking spec/evo V's I've seen and I'd like to replicate your success. 

1 hour ago, Mitch's Fishes said:

Clown- this thread has been very helpful as I set up a Fluval Evo V, and the tank was looked great when you had it running. I loved your DIY media basket, I think I am going to try that out.

I'm struggling with finding a reliable heateing solution and an autotop off. Did you run the aqueon pro heater the whole time you had it set up? Did it fit in the pump chamber? What was the wattage on it and did it keep a pretty stable temp? And were you running an ATO?  Lol sorry for all the questions but this is one of the best looking spec/evo V's I've seen and I'd like to replicate your success. 

Thank you.

I upgraded the pump to an aqueon 600, needed minor mods to fit.

I ran the aqueon pro the whole time but in the first chamber.

I didn't use an ato.

I recommend upgrading pump and getting the rfg nozzles from VCA, flow in this tank can be tricky

• Like 1
Mitch's Fishes
10 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Thank you.

I upgraded the pump to an aqueon 600, needed minor mods to fit.

I ran the aqueon pro the whole time but in the first chamber.

I didn't use an ato.

I recommend upgrading pump and getting the rfg nozzles from VCA, flow in this tank can be tricky

Thanks for the info. So did the media basket not take up the whole first chamber which allowed for the heater to fit?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, Mitch's Fishes said:

Thanks for the info. So did the media basket not take up the whole first chamber which allowed for the heater to fit?

I made the media basket to leave room in the first chamber for the heater, I then used the old IM media basket which fit in there allowing the heater to stay in place.

I don't use an ATO, only manual top ups so keeping the heater in the chamber with the pump is dangerous and I didn't want to keep the heater in the display.

• Like 1