ReefCleaners.org

Ai Prime w/ 10g Fusion and Ghost?

Nanochicago

I've been successfully running an IM 10g nuvo fusion nano for about a year, with the IM Ghost skimmer. I want to upgrade from the IM Skyye light to the AI Prime HD. My concern, however, is that it doesn't appear that the mounting bracket for the AI Prime will fit with the Ghost installed in the back of the tank. Has anyone figured out a way around this problem? Is the only option to use the flex mount and offset from the center of the back glass? The hanging kit won't work for me.  Thanks, Mitch. 

IMG_3758.JPG

I have the L shaped hard bracket and it does sit in the middle of the second chamber but the flex mount one you may be able to off set  it where it attaches to the tank and still have the light centered over the tank. Just a thought!

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Am I correct, though, that you don't have a skimmer in that second chamber and that the glass clamp for the hard bracket wouldn't fit if you did?

Ya thats probably right I am running no skimmer but have my eheim heater in the second chamber kinda at an engle since its winter time but looking at my tank you should be able mount the flex arm either left or right of dead center and still be able to center your light over the tank my mount where it attaches to the tank is about 2inches wide. Hope this helps and if I was you get the longer flex arm I think there are 2 different lengths gives you more options.

MainelyReefer

It depends on how closely your IMG_2265.thumb.JPG.c30ae9b52fc29aa1bfe4aa7b8bf0f938.JPGIM10 is to the wall behind it, you could flip the bracket so it's reverse of how I have mine installed and it seems it would fit.  I just checked the clearance and it looks like it would squeeze in but be really tight, worst case scenario the arm doesn't come from dead center. I think it's a worthwhile upgrade, they are a nice light and well suited for the tank.