Cultivated Reef

Justin's Mixed 17G

Justind823

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Glad to see an update bud and I hope everything is going good !!!

At least the scrubber is helping and I'm sure the tank will be back to its normal glorious self. What's the deets on the new build,bigger system I assume ?!  

Yea everything is going well mostly. More fires in Sonoma County but hey what's new? 😅  

Yea just being patient with the tank rebound while I get the next build going. There's barely been any growth with the coral but nothing lost! I do think I'm making some progress with the GHA though. I also did a three day blackout while keeping the scrubber on and that seemed to make a good dent. 

As far as the next build goes -- I'm looking at a UNS 75P which is 36 gallons. I'm pretty excited about the concept for it but I need to test it out a little bit more before I show it off! Also, this just arrived :naughtydance:

20200827_17001.thumb.jpg.191502d03d80576e8fed17e85cff24e7.jpg

• Wow 1

Yeah man,I keep hearing about those fires. So crappy. 

Those scrubbers definitely help,that is for sure. So that is a plus,I'm glad to hear.oh snap !!! Heck yeah,that is going to be killer !!  Do you have any different plans for stocking ?! 

• 7 months later...

Hey NR, long time no talk! 

Saw this little fella hanging out on some zoas and I freaked out a bit. Pretty sure it was actually just a normal little spider that fell into the tank it was pretty shocking to see 😅

The pom pom was out as well so I grabbed a shot 

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, JR! said:

still one of my favorite builds ever

Thanks bud! I'm actually assembling the parts for a fresh new build. We just moved and I've been wanting to change things up for awhile. This setup will fit the new space a bit better than my current build as well. I need to start a new thread for that...

Otherwise the tank is trucking along. I neglected it pretty hard before and after the move but now that we are settled in the coral are looking a lot healthier. 

On 8/27/2020 at 5:15 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Yeah man,I keep hearing about those fires. So crappy. 

Those scrubbers definitely help,that is for sure. So that is a plus,I'm glad to hear.oh snap !!! Heck yeah,that is going to be killer !!  Do you have any different plans for stocking ?! 

Kinda fell off the face of the NR Earth and never responded to your question! As far as stocking goes it will be very similar although a bit more on the SPS side. Also, at least one more fish -- I'd love to get another small wrasse -- Pink-streaked ideally, and I'll probably need another goby and pistol pair. 

I also never ended up getting the 75P and landed on the 90L like so many others seem to be gravitating towards lately. It just fits the space better in the room I plan on keeping it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, mactry85 said:

Hello @Justind823

Can you put more photos of your sump or drawing if you have it? 

PS. : Awsome tank 😀

Hey, thanks! 

Unfortunately this tank was taken down so the only photos I have are the ones you'll find throughout this thread.

• Sad 1