Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justin's Mixed 17G

Justind823

Justind823
On 6/27/2018 at 5:57 AM, xiaoxiy said:

Those are the raggadiest looking clownfish I have ever seen  😂

I'm just going to start calling them Ultra Onyx Calico Clownfish. $1000 for the pair 😉

On 6/26/2018 at 4:01 PM, Justind823 said:

photo dump. bout time amirite?

29159102968_6030247018_c.jpg

28162328457_15a02fef78_c.jpg

41220985000_cdd3de4105_c.jpg

28162331907_2382949248_c.jpg

41220987320_da0281794d_c.jpg

28162335427_b677736bdc_c.jpg

41220990380_224ca92fc1_c.jpg

New page, same pics 

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of switching out my IM wave link pump for something with a wider flow pattern.  Anyone have experience with the Waveline Wavepuck or the Coralbox RN-1? I'm leaning towards the RN-1

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Justind823 said:

I'm thinking of switching out my IM wave link pump for something with a wider flow pattern.  Anyone have experience with the Waveline Wavepuck or the Coralbox RN-1? I'm leaning towards the RN-1

I've been eying the RN-1 as well. While I like the new AI pump, for $300 is seems a bit steep. 

Let me know if you do it! 

• Like 1
pappadumplingz
18 hours ago, Justind823 said:

I did see the Nero pump in the flesh at ReefStock Australia last weekend. I have to say its pretty neat, albeit the steep price, and seems to pump out a lot of flow.

• Like 1

I agree,  the Nero is a little steep.

The more I think about it the more I'd like to use my mp10 again.  My problem is a need to mount the pump to the back of the tank (personal preference) but I can't get a flow direction I'm happy with.  

Also it looks like the rn-1 would have the same issue but flow might be wide enough where it's not a problem.  

I saw on R2R some one had 3D printed this for a larger MP but I'm not a member there.  Anyone want to make this for me?😁 Looks like it would be fun to play around with though the footprint might be a pita... maybe a shallower dome. 

2018-08-15_11-39-52

• Like 1

I've been down this path. I can ONLY mount to the back of the tank (I mean, really personal pref, but...) any of the other 3 sides of a peninsualla would look mighty silly. So, I've found a combo by adjusting the speed, setting, and coupled with the return pump, that works for everything, so far. I ended up just using my old MP10, so no extra dollars had to be spent. 

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

I've been down this path. I can ONLY mount to the back of the tank (I mean, really personal pref, but...) any of the other 3 sides of a peninsualla would look mighty silly. So, I've found a combo by adjusting the speed, setting, and coupled with the return pump, that works for everything, so far. I ended up just using my old MP10, so no extra dollars had to be spent. 

Yeah exactly my problem.  I could never seem to get it dialed in to my liking and I can not allow it anywhere but blending in with your black background!  Takes away from the look of the tank

• 1 month later...

Haha well I ended up with both pumps in the tank. They are both on pulse at the lowest setting and other than having two pumps in the tank, I've never been happier with the flow.

• Like 1

Need to use my R2R account bud ? Or were you able to get that shield thing figured out ? Got any pics of the tank you can post,you guys still having fires causing problems over there ? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Need to use my R2R account bud ? Or were you able to get that shield thing figured out ? Got any pics of the tank you can post,you guys still having fires causing problems over there ? 

Haha nah I'm over it but thanks

No pics as I've been busy with traveling for work. I'll be back this Friday so hopefully I'll get some pics up next week when I have some time off!

As for the fires -- they aren't currently an issue in our area. This week is the anniversary of when they swept through last year so everyone is a little on edge. Unfortunately, the constant high fire danger is just the new norm for us in California.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, YHSublime said:

I don't really understand why you're super concerned about the flow? I only see one SPS piece in your tank, and everything else should be OK with just even your return! 

I have a problem...😉 But really I just fell down the rabbit hole trying to make it absolutely perfect. Hands out of the tank from now on.

I have a couple of SPS up there but I'm definitely not going to be adding more with how much I've been away from the tank lately. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Justind823 said:

I have a problem...😉 But really I just fell down the rabbit hole trying to make it absolutely perfect. Hands out of the tank from now on.

I have a couple of SPS up there but I'm definitely not going to be adding more with how much I've been away from the tank lately. 

Got it, yeah, I wouldn't worry too much! I'm buckling up on the dosing roller coaster, I've got a lot of travel coming up myself soon, and I can't have somebody manually doing it, so I'm getting everything dialed in. I always worry about the tank, but it always looks better when I get back than it would if I was there obsessing over it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Love you whole setup! Tank is looking great but I'm also really into the whole aesthetic with stand, light fixture and such.

Is that a new yellow fiji leather at the top left? What happened to the one in your first tank... looked like it disappeared at some point? I love the look of them but am trying to really weigh pros and cons, the main con being that it's probably a little big for my IM10 and going to be a pain to frag. I'd love to know what you think!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 9:22 AM, lizzyann said:

Love you whole setup! Tank is looking great but I'm also really into the whole aesthetic with stand, light fixture and such.

Is that a new yellow fiji leather at the top left? What happened to the one in your first tank... looked like it disappeared at some point? I love the look of them but am trying to really weigh pros and cons, the main con being that it's probably a little big for my IM10 and going to be a pain to frag. I'd love to know what you think!

Thanks very much! I’ve been meaning to get more pictures up🤥 

That is indeed a yellow Fiji on top there! My last tank crashed and nearly burned during the Sonoma county fires in CA last year.  😢The power was out for two weeks and we were under mandatory evacuation so there was no way to get to the tank. 

The Fiji’s IME are slow growers so if you find a smaller one it is completely doable. They make a great center piece. Treat it like sps when it comes to flow and movement - lots of light and indirect flow.

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Turns out that Curlique anemone that hitchiked on my chaeto order is huge! 

45901051681_f42a4bc22c_c.jpg

FTS tomorrow!

I like it. You keeping him? Makes the Fuge a surprise display!

i love your setup, it's a great source for my inspiration.i revisit your 9 gallon build also;  woud be possible to draw your sump diagram with chamber dimensions?

could you name the corals in pictures for newbies, thank you!

15 hours ago, Muraki said:

I like it. You keeping him? Makes the Fuge a surprise display!

Yea I love the thing. Terrifyingly cool to feed. Super sticky - I'm pretty sure my little neon goby would be a goner if it were in the DT.

13 hours ago, ramona said:

i love your setup, it's a great source for my inspiration.i revisit your 9 gallon build also;  woud be possible to draw your sump diagram with chamber dimensions?

could you name the corals in pictures for newbies, thank you!

Thanks very much! I do miss my 9G...

I'll be able to draw something up for you when I get home tonight.

As for the pictures - - In order of appearance:

1. Caribbean Zoas

2. Caribbean Zoas

3. Ricordea florida

4. Red Blastos

5.Yellow fiji leather

6. LC Petroglyphs (if I remember correctly0

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

FTS!

Corals and fish look great...and nice and clean, too 👍

Loosing the 9g must have been disheartening, but good to hear that the house and all was spared.

Everything is looking really nice! I'm very jealous of the sump/fuge area. I've never been able to grow anything, but I've started giving some Dragons Breath a shot. It's not died, but it's not growing either....