Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justin's Mixed 17G

Justind823

Christopher Marks
On 4/22/2019 at 12:00 PM, Justind823 said:

Picked up some goodies this weekend during Unique Corals live sale.  I get home from my trip Wednesday and they'll be at my house for Thursday! :naughtydance:

How are the new corals doing? What did ya get? 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
Justind823

@uwharrie

Here's the sump up and running! You can see below I have the drawer slides. It's just a simple disconnect of the overflow plumbing and all the other cables are long enough to be pulled out with the sump.

Also, the pistol was out and about so I grabbed a photo with the phone.

33914488688_429f46c7b3_b.jpg 32848018847_847f317828_b.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
Justind823
On 4/28/2019 at 8:19 AM, Christopher Marks said:

How are the new corals doing? What did ya get? 🙂 

I'll get some pics up later of what I got :naughtydance:

Justind823

New coral!

These are cool - kind of like and olive green captain america

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.698cb82bdfb59fb3b58b2744ab7f9bb3.jpg

IMG_0347.thumb.jpg.74a073b6cadbae66fd2b32f49fa38bac.jpg

Against my better judgment - more SPS 😅

IMG_0361.thumb.jpg.f743386063700ed78e8125b7441c8b9d.jpg

Not the best pic of all the new zoas but here they are

The purple ones are neat, especially since it looks like it came with what looks like a grandi paly attached which I've been looking for. We'll see how it grows

The sparkly gold zoas look like they came with another variety as well. One that's pink and green

IMG_0390.thumb.jpg.4cbd4f5483250210b020ba4d2be610be.jpg

• Like 6
WV Reefer
6 hours ago, Justind823 said:

@uwharrie

Here's the sump up and running! You can see below I have the drawer slides. It's just a simple disconnect of the overflow plumbing and all the other cables are long enough to be pulled out with the sump.

That shrimp is so cool. 😀

thanks! Somehow I missed where the post was.  Starting to seriously thinking about a new tank and like the looks of the Nuvo 40 plus the added space of a sump. what is the square to the left

11 hours ago, Justind823 said:

@uwharrie

YHSublime

Those pink and golds look really pretty right now, but they will run out everything else in your tank in about 8 months, make sure you keep them in a place that they can't grab a foot hold in so you can remove them if need be!

Justind823
2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Those pink and golds look really pretty right now, but they will run out everything else in your tank in about 8 months, make sure you keep them in a place that they can't grab a foot hold in so you can remove them if need be!

Haha yea thanks I'm aware of that issue. I already have some pinks where the clowns hang out that spread like crazy so I'll keep an eye on them.

Justind823
8 hours ago, uwharrie said:

thanks! Somehow I missed where the post was.  Starting to seriously thinking about a new tank and like the looks of the Nuvo 40 plus the added space of a sump. what is the square to the left

Nice! I hear good things about that tank

That square is a Brightwell XPort BIO-Plate

• Like 1

Congratulations on TOTM! This tank looks a bit like mine on a really good day (that day is not today!)! Do  you have an ATO? If so, where do you keep the reservoir? I really like your sump set up and plan to finally add one to my set up, but don't want to go without an ATO.

• Like 1
Justind823
On 5/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, Pjanssen said:

Congratulations on TOTM! This tank looks a bit like mine on a really good day (that day is not today!)! Do  you have an ATO? If so, where do you keep the reservoir? I really like your sump set up and plan to finally add one to my set up, but don't want to go without an ATO.

Thanks a lot! 

I do have an ATO. I use the 5G Trigger Systems reservoir and it fits perfectly behind the stand. It's the only thing not crammed in the stand actually. The ATO system is the Smart Micro if you're interested, I've never had any issues with it. 

For me having an ATO is a must since I'm away from the tank so often. What is your reason for not wanting one?  Edit - thanks @YHSublime

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Thanks a lot! 

I do have an ATO. I use the 5G Trigger Systems reservoir and it fits perfectly behind the stand. It's the only thing not crammed in the stand actually. The ATO system is the Smart Micro if you're interested, I've never had any issues with it. 

For me having an ATO is a must since I'm away from the tank so often. What is your reason for not wanting one?

I think she's saying she DOES want one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Justind823
Just now, YHSublime said:

I think she's saying she DOES want one!

LOL I was tired last night and just reread the comment...😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Justind823

I saw some bubble algae last night and immediately went to work on it.

It seemed isolated to two small areas which were easy to remove and dip in a hydrogen peroxide mix. I'm hoping those are the only two spots and there aren't any bubbles hiding elsewhere in the tank!  :scarry:

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
17 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Thanks a lot! 

For me having an ATO is a must since I'm away from the tank so often. What is your reason for not wanting one?  Edit - thanks @YHSublime

Thanks, I actually have the smart micro on my 14 gallon and love it!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

New FTS!

Tank is humming along! I am up to 6.5 tsp of kalk in the ATO. I see getting back to auto dosing in my future...

Edit: OH! Right, I forgot to mention I upgraded to a NanoBox Duo 😎

Thanks @DaveFason

FTS2.thumb.jpg.b69442c46771d3f06dc3ecc274f3652b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 4