inTank Media Baskets

Justin's Mixed 17G

Justind823

16 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Here are some shots of the masters of the dungeon

Thanks for the pictures! That shrimp is very cute!!

I am considering a curli nem/shrimp for the next pico contest. It would definitely be something a little on the uncommon side!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Thanks for the pictures! That shrimp is very cute!!

I am considering a curli nem/shrimp for the next pico contest. It would definitely be something a little on the uncommon side!

Yes do it! I was actually thinking of moving mine over but I don't want to put anything that depends on feeding in there. I need to keep it super low maintenance so I have other plans for that contest

It's a really fun pair for sure - I highly recommend it.  However if you're thinking of keeping anything else in there it would be pretty tough -- that nem has some seriously long and sticky tentacles.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

that nem has some seriously long and sticky tentacles.

Hah! I figured. Gotta think on it a little more. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

I'm happy to report I have a healthy population of micro serpent stars again! I had a ton in my last tank and I've missed having them. It's nice knowing they are cleaning up all the little specks of food the fish miss. They are a really great part of the CUC

• Like 4

ROFL af the dungeon masters! 

New scape looks awesome, I agree about the leather being large enough to create the negative space. 

Tanks looking really great, didn’t even have to beg for photos! 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YHSublime said:

ROFL af the dungeon masters! 

New scape looks awesome, I agree about the leather being large enough to create the negative space. 

Tanks looking really great, didn’t even have to beg for photos! 

haha it's true - the few hermits I have in the DT are always on their best behavior for fear of being banished to the dungeon

Here's another picture of the clowns. The female is now trying to grow a goatee to compete with her mans mustache

33487362668_3428b63d00_c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Christopher Marks
On 3/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, Justind823 said:

Yea until I saw pistol cozy up to the nem I never really noticed that they are sold specifically for pairing with the Curliques.

40414783093_c05be92b84_c.jpg

Wow that's cool, I had no idea!

On 3/18/2019 at 10:50 AM, Justind823 said:

Here's a closer shot of the tank right now

46650746364_2f317ddae7_b.jpg

No doubt about it, the new aquascape is perfect! Wowzer 😲

• Like 2
16 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Looking just absolutely incredible! I love the clam...dang it you've really got me thinking about it 😄

spacer.png

I was messing around with the settings on my MP10 last night and I guess the clam didn't like what I had done and took a leap off the cliff... I should have waiting longer before changing something in the tank with a new inhabitant. I placed it back so hopefully it's not too upset but only just found it this morning 😣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks fellas!

I need to remember to change the white balance on my camera before I take all the pictures - somethings not right but I'll get it on the next round 😄

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Justind823 said:

spacer.png

I was messing around with the settings on my MP10 last night and I guess the clam didn't like what I had done and took a leap off the cliff... I should have waiting longer before changing something in the tank with a new inhabitant. I placed it back so hopefully it's not too upset but only just found it this morning 😣

You do realize this isn't exactly encouraging me to try a clam :lol:

14 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

You do realize this isn't exactly encouraging me to try a clam :lol:

Hahaha 

RE: You can do it!

Really though,  it looks good this afternoon.  I knew better than to mess around with things and I did it anyway

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Finally got a webcam setup for those work trips!

giphy.gif

Nice! Something I have definitely been wanting to set up.

• Like 1

I feel like this is the tank that every brand-new reefer dreams about having one day. You've put together an absolutely fantastic aquarium. Bravo!

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Dally said:

Nice! Something I have definitely been wanting to set up.

7 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

LOVE the webcam view.  It's pretty darn clear.  

Yea just a cheap Wyze camera - I was pleasantly surprised at the picture! 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, billygoat said:

I feel like this is the tank that every brand-new reefer dreams about having one day. You've put together an absolutely fantastic aquarium. Bravo!

Thanks for the kind words!

Christopher Marks

How nice to have a webcam, I've heard good things about Wyze cameras. That's a nice view of the tank too. Have you been checking it often? 😄 

I put a webcam on my very first nano reef in 2002, it uploaded a new 640x480 jpg every few minutes! 🙂 

Spoiler

webcam.jpg

On 4/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, Christopher Marks said:

How nice to have a webcam, I've heard good things about Wyze cameras. That's a nice view of the tank too. Have you been checking it often? 😄 

I put a webcam on my very first nano reef in 2002, it uploaded a new 640x480 jpg every few minutes! 🙂 

Reveal hidden contents

webcam.jpg

Haha yea, I admit I've been checking it daily 😁

Webcams have come a long way huh?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Web cam looks great. What exactly did you pick it up for? 

I'm regularly traveling for work so I'm able to check up on it when I'm not at home. Makes me feel better when I leave the tank for over a week...sometimes even two! :eek: 

• Like 2

Picked up some goodies this weekend during Unique Corals live sale.  I get home from my trip Wednesday and they'll be at my house for Thursday! :naughtydance:

• Like 2