Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Justin's Mixed 17G

Justind823

RustyRocket
7 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Thanks CM

Yea it does! 

I'd like it to be the same. Although I think I might go back to a yellow watchman goby like I had in my 9G. I'd prefer to get some tank raised fish. I have a gift card for LiveAquaria and they sell ORA fish. They have clownfish but the yellow watchman is the only shrimp goby they sell. The Randall's goby was very cool though so we'll see what I end up buying when the time comes!

Ahh good hunting man!

Is your shrimp still alive? Would a tank raised watchman end up pairing with the shrimp, is it a instinct behavior I wonder...

Ps. This thread is due a FTS :D!!

On 3/12/2018 at 1:06 PM, RustyRocket said:

Ahh good hunting man!

Is your shrimp still alive? Would a tank raised watchman end up pairing with the shrimp, is it a instinct behavior I wonder...

Ps. This thread is due a FTS :D!!

Pistol shrimp is still alive! Clicking away and coming out to grab food. 

That's an interesting thought. Must be an animal instinct

On 3/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, YHSublime said:

Promised a FTS, never delivered. Impatiently waiting! 

Haha I know what I said guys! I have some sort of bacterial bloom going on right now which makes the tank look hideous. White stringy, fluffy crap everywhere. I picked up a UV sterilizer last night and it's been working ever since so hopefully the stuff will disappear in a few days. Bacterial bloom in reef tank and dead fish in the QT both happen over the weekend...coincidence? Seems unlikely. I don't know what the heck is going on though.

Just read the Seneye has some new updates to announce this week. I'm really hoping it's news of the product they teased last year - Seneye Coral. Same dongle thingie but it monitors alk! I've been looking for news on this for awhile

YES! This pump is a dream compared to the Skimz. Right out of the box the quality is clear. 

After installing it last night I realized that with cranking the pump up to near max and tuning my overflow I can get rid of the mp10 and run solely off the return. The pump is silent and with the return tuned properly this is only a small trickle of noise.

I picked up the Vivid random flow generator a little while ago and it's performing really well with the increased gph.

All this said, hopefully this return pump works for the long term. I've only read good reviews about it so I feel good about my purchase. Since buying the Skimz there have been numerous one star reviews popping up.

40135000984_965f0a61cd_c.jpg

• Like 3

I'm running a mag 5 on my 22, and I've not had a need to run any other pumps like my MP10. I wish I had something adjustable though. Looking forward to your experience. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey CM! I'll be back home this weekend after a 3 week work trip.  I'm told the tank and fish are doing well so hopefully I'll be able to finally get some photos up! Here's hoping the aquarium makes it through the end of the week! 😃

• Like 3
RustyRocket
2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Standing by. 

Still waiting on them FTS from back in March, legs are aching from all the standing xD! 

Btw Justin, what did you do to prep your tank to last 4 weeks without maintenance? Or do you just have an awesome other half?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, YHSublime said:

Standing by. 

1 minute ago, RustyRocket said:

Still waiting on them FTS from back in March, legs are aching from all the standing xD!

You've both been very patient!

5 minutes ago, RustyRocket said:

Btw Justin, what did you do to prep your tank to last 4 weeks without maintenance? Or do you just have an awesome other half?

Autofeeder filled with flake and a weekly frozen treat from the other half. Also, a large ATO container. My evaporation really isnt that bad and will probably make it until the end of my trip

Other than that I'm just hoping for the best. This has been the longest trip away from the tank by far. Two weeks turned into a month! I'm skyping tonight to walk my wife through a water change 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Cant wait to see the tank when you get back. 

What was the trip for?

We live up in the north bay of CA and I travel down to LA for work. I work in commercial and TV production and sometimes one gig rolls into the next. This was a long bunch of jobs!

11 hours ago, SavaS said:

Very nice setup, I love the stand. Looking forward to some new pics. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Really like your tank and God I NEED that Goby, I’ve been trying to find one for months!

Where your clownfish covered in this spots when you got them or it is caused by a coral?

• Like 1
RustyRocket

You got the clowns to host the cespitularia?!? Nice one! I got one from Aquatic Collections a few months back and its touch and go all the time, some weeks its plump and fat and growing like crazy, other times its shrivelled up and looking like its going to croak in the next few hours. Haven't figured it out yet. But it definitely doesnt like to be touched, so kudos on the clowns!

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bbetta said:

Really like your tank and God I NEED that Goby, I’ve been trying to find one for months!

Where your clownfish covered in this spots when you got them or it is caused by a coral?

I got the goby from ORA through Live Aquaria when I bought the other fish. The fish is pretty great - always swimming after the clowns trying to clean them.

16 hours ago, RustyRocket said:

You got the clowns to host the cespitularia?!? Nice one! I got one from Aquatic Collections a few months back and its touch and go all the time, some weeks its plump and fat and growing like crazy, other times its shrivelled up and looking like its going to croak in the next few hours. Haven't figured it out yet. But it definitely doesnt like to be touched, so kudos on the clowns!

4 hours ago, xiaoxiy said:

Those are the raggadiest looking clownfish I have ever seen  😂

Haha 😂 

It's either the cespitularia or the zoas next to it - they like to hang out in both. When I got them from ORA they were squeaky clean! Right after introducing them into the tank they dove straight into the cespitularia and haven't moved to anything else since other than laying around in the zoas next door. I guess I'm lucky that the cespitularia doesn't seem to mind at all and is growing well.

13 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Great shots of the fish @Justind823!

Your nano reef is looking really good, glad there were no troubles while you were away! Welcome home!

Thanks CM! The tank looked great when I got home. The SPS (slimer, setosa, digi) I got from a local reefer started to mat out and are starting to grow vertically. 

I've been keeping it pretty simple so far. Weekly 2 gallon water changes, unless I'm away, and 1 tsp per gallon of kalkwasser in the ato. I'll probably need to bump it up soon or perhaps hook up the dosers if I decide to add more coral.

• Like 1

In other news, I took out the MP10 and replaced it with the IM Aqua Gadget. I was looking for a small pump that could articulate and this fit my needs with bonus low power consumption! It's a great little pump and has been working really well for me since.  I do miss not having wires in the display but I keep it high enough so it's hard to notice it at all.