Pod Your Reef

Mike P

I noticed today what I believe is diatomes but maybe someone can chime in and confirm. All my levels are good and I use only purified ocean water that I purchase from the store. My tank is still new running for almost 2 months now. What’s the best way to get rid of this and will it harm my clown? I have 4 snails in the tank with him 2 margaritas and 2 Astraea snails. It’s on the sand bed and walls, kind of hard to see it on the sand since it’s black and pictures are hard to take due to the lighting. 

E56EDF95-D5E0-4EAA-89E4-660E0D6B6B0E.jpeg

3E5769CE-D0DC-4D4A-A201-2966170F1052.jpeg

6676110D-BD2F-4AC7-972D-DD1959AD9F25.jpeg

D4317E35-CE7B-4476-83F5-5CB9D5A4EA96.jpeg

2BC43F01-E094-4C6B-B143-04E130D2F6FC.jpeg

Thanks for commenting so quickly. I’m new to the hobby and just want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly. When I see something pop up in the tank I get a little worried I did something wrong :blink:

If u don't want to change the lighting (more whites, less blues) get a cheap orange gel filter for the camera lens. It'll neutralize the blues and give better pics. U can hold it over ur cellphone lens too, if that's what ur using.