Pod Your Reef

5 gallon reef light (again)

questionablereefing

questionablereefing

I know this is something many people ask, but reactions are so mixed!

I don't mind what kind of light the light is, but budget asks for less than around $100. And overall, convenience is good, too.

This will be used on a standard 5 gallon aquarium, and if nothing else works, I could use an orbit marine light with a bracket holding it.

My tank will be intended only for soft corals.

Thanks!! :D

questionablereefing
1 hour ago, TILTON said:

Aquamaxx nemo light looks interesting as well.

That seems like a pretty good light, and it's pretty sleek, too. Any criticisms on it? What would it compare to for the other lights? Personally, I don't care what the light brand is, just as long as it fits my budget and needs, which the Aquamaxx does. (plus it looks good :3) 

Thrassian Atoll
1 hour ago, questionablereefing said:

That seems like a pretty good light, and it's pretty sleek, too. Any criticisms on it? What would it compare to for the other lights? Personally, I don't care what the light brand is, just as long as it fits my budget and needs, which the Aquamaxx does. (plus it looks good :3) 

I am not sure.  I was actually going to buy it but the Evo is a long tank with the filters on the side, so that light wouldn't work for my dimensions.  It seems to have great reviews though and it looks like the controllability is really good.  

I have an aquamaxx nemolight on my 10g. Great light. No complaints.

They have various sizes available.

I have that, a cheap par38, an abi par38, and an Ai prime.

They all do a good job.