Innovative Marine Aquariums

Yuma mushroom shrinking

Minmay

I dont know what happened. Params are normal. One day it was fine. The next day it was small. I dont know why. I've had it for 5mo and 14 days. I moved it to a more shaded area but its been in the same area for as long as I had it. Any ideas? Thank u. 

IMG_2017-11-03_18-46-30.JPG

12 minutes ago, Minmay said:

I dont know what happened. Params are normal. One day it was fine. The next day it was small. I dont know why. I've had it for 5mo and 14 days. I moved it to a more shaded area but its been in the same area for as long as I had it. Any ideas? Thank u. 

IMG_2017-11-03_18-46-30.JPG

How long has it been “small”?

26 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

How long has it been “small”?

Just a couple of days

25 minutes ago, sapling said:

my ric florida shrinks up a bit at night, I dont know exactly, but maybe your yuma just needs to adjust to the light?

Nah its not a light issue from what I know of. Its been thriving in the same spot for months. I didnt change the light or the schedule. Ive read that sometimes mushrooms just shrink. ?

6 minutes ago, Minmay said:

Just a couple of days

Nah its not a light issue from what I know of. Its been thriving in the same spot for months. I didnt change the light or the schedule. Ive read that sometimes mushrooms just shrink. ?

I wouldn’t worry too much yet.  It might be making a baby, or working up to a big poop. 

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I wouldn’t worry too much yet.  It might be making a baby, or working up to a big poop. 

Wow, they make babies like that?? I didnt know that. How long should I wait until I should be worried?

Just now, Minmay said:

Wow, they make babies like that?? I didnt know that. How long should I wait until I should be worried?

I’ve seen mine shrink up then get huge and then crawl away leaving a baby behind. It’s weird. 

I would watch for signs of deterioration..... guts out, looking slimy, things like that. 

7 minutes ago, Lugmos12 said:

My yuma shrinks once in a while. It split once already and is currently in the process of splitting again.

Im use to my corals shrinking when its lights out but the way it deflated looked different plus it stayed small even after the lights came on. Hopefully its just malin babies. That would be cool but I hope I didnt piss it off by dipping it 

18 minutes ago, xellos88 said:

The tentacles still look puffy in the pic though. What's next to it? I wish mine stayed small.

Superman mushroom and a ric but I moved the yuma to a shaded area cuz I thought maybe it was PO'd about something. Idk lol

50 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Moving it often will tick it off and it will shrink up.

Corals somwtimes shrink up for no apparent reason and it can be for days.

I moved it after it shrunk. I thought maybe putting it in shade would help but it didnt. Its still small but it hasnt gotten any smaller so maybe thats good sign? I dont know what to do to bring it back the way it was. That was the largest shroom I have and the prettiest. 

• 2 weeks later...

All of my mushrooms have shrunk to dime size a few months ago.  Some of them turned to slim and were gone.  Still have some left.  Still hoping they well bounce back.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, HIppieRose said:

All of my mushrooms have shrunk to dime size a few months ago.  Some of them turned to slim and were gone.  Still have some left.  Still hoping they well bounce back.

Mine looks bleeched now with a hint of orange spots. I dont think its gonna come back to the way it was. No slime yet tho.