Pod Your Reef

Classroom Pico - Check out the new creatures :)

hinnenkm

20 hours ago, ChristopherDido said:

Maybe next school year I'll experiment with urchins... Still scared of them, but I'm glad to see your note from your students! 

What about them makes you nervous? They just need to eat algae, so if you don't have any in your tank you can supplement with algae sheets. Other than that, just make sure your frags are glued down well ;)

ChristopherDido
39 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

What about them makes you nervous? They just need to eat algae, so if you don't have any in your tank you can supplement with algae sheets. Other than that, just make sure your frags are glued down well ;)

I think it's the nightmare stories of people getting pricked by them... I'm sure it's an irrational fear lol. I'm less than a year into this hobby, so yeah...

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

Thanks! and do you mean the duncan frag? 

I guess it is a Duncan frag!  My eyes were fooling me and it looked red and pink to me at first, how strange. Now I can see that it's a Duncan :)

LogicalReefs
4 minutes ago, Rene said:

I guess it is a Duncan frag!  My eyes were fooling me and it looked red and pink to me at first, how strange. Now I can see that it's a Duncan :)

I thought anemone too. Don’t worry lol

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rene said:

The light isn't all that great at bringing the colors of any of the corals that have been added :mellow:

The contest is coming to a close!  March 31st will be the official end of the competition and then the voting will begin.  In order to help the community decide what tanks to vote for, each remaining contestant will need to do the following:

1. PM me three (3) final photos that you think summarize your container reef.  The composition for two of these is up to you, but one of them should be a final FTS taken sometime during the month of March.
  2. PM me a written summary of your container reef build and experiences throughout the competition.  This should be no more than 250 words.
  3. These items must be private messaged to me by midnight (Pacific Standard Time) on March 31st.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...