Cultivated Reef

Diamond Goby newbie

Jdo2010

Hi reefers!

I purchased a Diamond Goby today just wanting to clean up my sand a bit ( a little diatom) and boy is he making his mark....

I have noticed that he is sifting very well, but it looks like a sand storm in my tank. My crystal clear water is now somewhat cloudy. I’m thinking that he’s just hard at work, and over the next couple days it will be clear as he is not sifting as much? Also, I’ve noticed a huge mound almost up to my live rock.. should I even the sand back out myself?

Also... I think my royal gramma is a bit intimidated by him. I had a recent death of my Flame angel. My gramma was always near my angel so I think that the absence of my angel and this new fish has him stressed. He won’t come out from behind my big rock... thoughts?

thanks all!

Your tank will clear up over time. He is just stirring up excess crap that you wouldn't have been able to get to otherwise. You can run some filter floss to help pull out extra stuff in the water column.