Pod Your Reef

The ReefWeeds 150 gallons of water build

ReefWeeds

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Great start! Amazing what looks like a lot of corals in the small tanks looks like nothing in this one! 

Right!? I didn’t get rid of anything - and this is 3 tanks worth ?

thanks Dave! 

Last night, I brought home a 3rd generation captive bred yellow tang! Here’s the photo of me acclimating her and then two videos as well 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ReefWeeds said:

Last night, I brought home a 3rd generation captive bred yellow tang! Here’s the photo of me acclimating her and then two videos as well 

Copy cat :P mine is about the size of a quarter............I am not a fan usually of yellow tangs but it was so cute I had to get it :rolleyes:

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

Copy cat :P mine is about the size of a quarter............I am not a fan usually of yellow tangs but it was so cute I had to get it :rolleyes:

When?? Did you get Captive bred as well? 

29 minutes ago, ReefWeeds said:

When?? Did you get Captive bred as well? 

Last week remember I was texting you :rolleyes: I delivered a 525 reefer or something like that and got the tang. We were talking about the tank raised mandarins........

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, spectra said:

Last week remember I was texting you :rolleyes: I delivered a 525 reefer or something like that and got the tang. We were talking about the tank raised mandarins........

Lol I remember everything but the tang ?

5 minutes ago, ReefWeeds said:

Lol I remember everything but the tang ?

Go back and read the texts :P I had to make sure I wasn't the one forgetting :lol: 

You even asked if it was in the big tank :o

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, spectra said:

Go back and read the texts :P I had to make sure I wasn't the one forgetting :lol: 

You even asked if it was in the big tank :o

Lol I believe you. Last week sucked between Miami trip, crazy cab drivers and then hitting a deer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, ReefWeeds said:

Lol I believe you. Last week sucked between Miami trip, crazy cab drivers and then hitting a deer 

Hopefully you tossed it in the trunk and have dinner this week :o

• Like 1
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Hopefully you tossed it in the trunk and have dinner this week :o

Ha no. It ran off. I don’t know how because I really hit him good 

• Like 1
Thunder Goose

Damn. When you hit a deer you should at least get some good venison out of it! Was your car totaled? They can do some serious damage.

Love the tang BTW.

Need... a... big... tank...

• Like 1
On 11/18/2017 at 8:11 AM, Thunder Goose said:

Damn. When you hit a deer you should at least get some good venison out of it! Was your car totaled? They can do some serious damage.

Love the tang BTW.

Need... a... big... tank...

Just about! I was able to drive the car home but they’re actually talking about totaling it now. And thank you!!

• Like 2
On 11/18/2017 at 8:29 PM, Sancho said:

Tank envy :P it looks great! 

Thanks Sancho!

look! No more dueling reefers. They got sold and picked up today! 

CBFD9C0D-7018-4284-BCAB-42EBBEE3FEAE.jpeg

6F029817-15D3-4234-A7F1-5BCFA768C7A6.jpeg

F17D8246-F95F-4596-91E3-C3320CB01699.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

And I got another fish yesterday - this is Bevo! He was eating mysis about 5 minutes after putting him in the tank 

Just now, WV Reefer said:

Do you still have your butterfly?

No :( I transferred him and he died within a day and a half. I am not sure what happened. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, ReefWeeds said:

And I got another fish yesterday - this is Bevo! He was eating mysis about 5 minutes after putting him in the tank 

No :( I transferred him and he died within a day and a half. I am not sure what happened. 

Oh no! :(  

Bevo is awesome though. :)  

• Like 1

Hell should have just run those over the new tank............oh wait they were 36" I think ?

At least you got rid of the tanks. Hopefully the SCA works out to be a simple set up for you.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, spectra said:

Hell should have just run those over the new tank............oh wait they were 36" I think ?

At least you got rid of the tanks. Hopefully the SCA works out to be a simple set up for you.

Actually they were 24”.  But they both had different LED setups so running both would’ve been weird. 

So far it’s been an easy tank and dead silent!! 

• Like 1