Innovative Marine Aquariums

Living Room Nano Peninsula

YHSublime

Man,let me put it to you this way.. If this was the only tank on the forum,I wouldn't mind whatsoever. Its down right phenomenal bud,keep it up please. 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Man,let me put it to you this way.. If this was the only tank on the forum,I wouldn't mind whatsoever. Its down right phenomenal bud,keep it up please. 

Wow, I appreciate the kind words! Glad it’s being enjoyed!

So I broke down the frag tank. I've been traveling so much lately that another tank to worry about was a nightmare for me. I somehow packed all of the frags into the 22. I made water yesterday, and it was so calming just having to worry about one tank again, so I think I made the right decision. 

I'm very excited, because today my nano scraper finally came in the mail. It's nothing special, but it's cut through coraline in all the corners of the tank, and along the bottom with ease. Even if I have to change the razor blade every time, I didn't have to get my hands wet once, and it sliced through like butter. My old Algae Free plastic one snapped, I regret even starting with it. I wish Algae Free would go back to making nano sized tank scrapers with the razor blade attachment, but this will have to do! I can also cut it down in tight spaces, and was so inspired I snapped some photos:

48039729908_2f08f33eba_h.jpg

48039692856_ef46cfc0ae_h.jpg

48039796172_daffda00d9_h.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 2

Dang,those are some pretty freakin' good numbers bud. Proves you don't need a million+ par to keep sps happy and colored up. 

• Like 1
On 6/13/2019 at 7:13 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Dang,those are some pretty freakin' good numbers bud. Proves you don't need a million+ par to keep sps happy and colored up. 

Haha, you don't need a million par, but you need some decent par, that's all at 70%, which is max I run my lights. I'd turn it up further, but my lights are already on for 11 hours a day.

2 hours ago, vlangel said:

The tank looks great as always!

Thank you very much! It's filled to the gills. I really don't have room for anything else, so now it's just feeding, water changing, topping off top off water, and waiting.

Oh I know. I was always into blasting my tanks with high par but there is no point. 

Instead of turning up,why not just lower the light maybe 2" ? 

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Oh I know. I was always into blasting my tanks with high par but there is no point. 

Instead of turning up,why not just lower the light maybe 2" ? 

I just need to ramp up and down with my controller, been to lazy to figure it out!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

CONGRATS BUDDDDD !!!

Haha, thanks dood!

12 minutes ago, Joevember said:

Just found this tank, can't believe I haven't seen it before. Amazing colors! Congrats!

#tankgoals

Glad you're seeing it now! Thanks for tagging along for the ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm still kicking! I have been lucky enough to have this tank spotlighted a few times over the past few months, and most recently TOTM here at Nano-Reef, which is a complete honor! Life has also picked up, and work and personal have been rewarding, but so busy. As a result, the tank has, well, boomed! 

Sans a few algae patches, auto pilot has been good to the system. There's been tremendously fast growth, and I've trimmed some stuff back, and even added a few pieces, if you can believe that!

Anyways, I know this is what you folks really want, so here are the photos:

Front & Center on this bad boy is the ARC Master Yoda. Right above it is the RR Pink Floyd, and to the right, a new frag of Battle Corals Bubble Bath Unicorn

48351587277_8f3e85415e_h.jpg

Right above the BC Bubble Bath Unicorn is a Bali Shortcake. The person I got it from was having trouble getting it to color up. And while I've certainly pulled some significantly brighter green tips, I'm thinking it needs to grow a bit before I can pull some more reds vs pinks out of it

48351455381_26f9aad859_h.jpg

These yellow skirted zoanthids are Jason Fox Acid Reflux. They are pretty pricey, and they seem to be super happy in my tank. I'll take small battles where I can get them, I just lost a mini colony of Speckled Kraks and Darth Mauls. 

48351588727_ae20102b87_h.jpg

SC Orange Passion, front & Center, is growing and encrusting super fast. I originally lost a frag of this and had to buy another one. So far I have been doing better this go around. To the right is the ARC Fireworks, the flow is turned off so the yellow polyps are hiding for this photo. Underneath it is the Cornbred Maleficent. Its encrusting faster than the zooxanthellae can keep up!

48351589047_23d2f9f1a4_h.jpg

And here's a nice top down of the same view:

48351461616_5be2754f3a_h.jpg

I don't think I've ever featured this before, but here is my Jawbreaker mushroom. There's actually 3 of them, all splits from the one you're seeing here with a bit of red starting to splatter in. I pulled the trigger on one about a year ago, and it's been awesome watching it grow and color up.

48351456981_fa64c430dc_h.jpg

I don't show the floor a lot, as the zoanthids are just starting to fill in and do their job. The coraline is direct competition, and I think it actually slows down growth in a lot of the floor spaces. The top is new Darth Mauls (here we go again) bottom left are Magicians, then Bowtie Blasters, and Blue Rhinos. 

48351457466_73c09e4cbb_h.jpg

TGC Cherry Bomb, and while I'm sure you can find a real unphotochopped photo of the Walt Disney these days, on the right getting choked out by Rasta's. 

48351457836_3505f05792_h.jpg

This Jason Fox Fox Flame started real strong for me, but kinda stalled out. It looks like it's about to take off again. To the right, Pink Lemonade, and Mandarin Orange zoas. 

48351590967_9a5026768e_h.jpg

The big ol' chunk on the left is a while blue, with lower phosphates I've pulled yellow tips from it. The center and tiny frag is Pink Panty Dropper, and then to that's right is Battle Corals Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce. While it looks miserable here, it's encrusting fast and growing and slowly coloring up, I have yet to see polyps on it.

48351591332_15528fe315_h.jpg

One of my favorite Milli's, this is from DC Aquaculture, and it's their "house milli." Behind is is Cornbreds Purple Planet, and right below is RR Excalibur. On the floor in the corner of the photo is a burnt JF Beach Bum. I'm having a problem finding a spot in my tank with low enough light for it.

48351459286_62099c4bb6_h.jpg

Just some nice growth tips on the CB Purple Planet. Underneath on the floor is TSA Minions monti, I'm waiting for that to go gangbusters, great colors, and a showstopper for sure.

48351459591_17966a387e_h.jpg

Here's a coral that is the picture the only reason why I don't care for LED lighting, the TCK Pikachu. This is on a slight angle of a shelf ledge with other acro. The underside is encrusted, but completely lacks color, while the topside is doing well. If this wasn't so far off and cantilevered from the light, I'm sure it would be double the size and better colors.

48351592342_fc8cd4fbae_h.jpg

I bought this Homewrecker (can you see it?!) ages ago. A nub, that I probably spent too much money on. It's slowly started to encrust, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can pull out of it, but feels like I'm going to be waiting forever. Below it is the PC Rainbow, and then a Strawberry Shortcake making a special appearance. 

48351461296_264546907b_h.jpg

• Like 9
18 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

WoW!!!! Not gonna lie, the excitement I feel when I get a notification with your name on it :naughtydance:

Haha, thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I thought for sure you were gonna say you were shutting the tank down..I was about to close my account if that was the case lol. 

But thankfully that's not happening !!! Everything is looking pretty dang good man,and definitely starting to pull some good colors out of these frags. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I thought for sure you were gonna say you were shutting the tank down..I was about to close my account if that was the case lol. 

But thankfully that's not happening !!! Everything is looking pretty dang good man,and definitely starting to pull some good colors out of these frags. 

Not shutting it down! If anything, going to do more water changes!

• Haha 2

Today I was marveling at the rapid growth I'm starting to see, and this is pretty much from just being (consistently) lazy. I was particularly paying attention to the rapid growth I'm seeing all of a sudden from the SC Orange Passion. Here is a photo of it 4/20:

46754962345_78cb3ce96d_h.jpg

I didn't feel like breaking out the DSLR, but here's a cell phone shot of it today, pretty much 3 months later:

I also trimmed back the cheato, and starting mixing up a batch of saltwater for another water change, I'm trying to keep myself honest at 1 a week. 

C138B87F-B7AF-4635-BF30-3C14306B6C41.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Damn nice tank, I don't say that about too many tanks. Yours is in the top 10 reef tanks I've seen in the last year.

I appreciate the kind words! I’m having a lot of fun with this one!